In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

The 2015 Silverado 2500HD gets a 6.0L Vortec V8 standard that cranks out 360 hp and 380 lb-ft of torque. When equipped with that engine, the Silverado 2500HD can tow up to 13,000 pounds with a conventional hitch. Upgrade to a fifth-wheel, and you can pull up to 14,800 pounds! Was their advertisement, wonder if its true. I know i am at the max and would live a diesel but doesnt suit my daily driving habits.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I pull a 34.5 foot toyhauler with 2 Atv's in it, 160 gallons of water, 45 gal. if gas. Tops out at 14,000 lbs. My Silverado 2500hd 6.0 gas pulls it well. I currently have Doug Thorley shortie headers that are ceramic coated on the inside and the outside to keep the heat in, Afe cold air intake, and a free flowing exhaust,along with the 4.10 gears and a Blackbear tune. She runs well but to help I kept my tires a little smaller to not lose my gears, running 275/75/18 tires that measure out at 32 diameter. I do have a Magnuson 2300 supercharger on order just waiting for Blackbear to ship it. They are going to do the tune for it too.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

• Like 1
I pull a 34.5 foot toyhauler with 2 Atv's in it, 160 gallons of water, 45 gal. if gas. Tops out at 14,000 lbs. My Silverado 2500hd 6.0 gas pulls it well. I currently have Doug Thorley shortie headers that are ceramic coated on the inside and the outside to keep the heat in, Afe cold air intake, and a free flowing exhaust,along with the 4.10 gears and a Blackbear tune. She runs well but to help I kept my tires a little smaller to not lose my gears, running 275/75/18 tires that measure out at 32 diameter. I do have a Magnuson 2300 supercharger on order just waiting for Blackbear to ship it. They are going to do the tune for it too.

Let me know how the tune goes, def wanna do that. Searching for long tubes. I find for up to year 14. Curious if there is a difference from 14 to 15

I am quite surprised at how many people tow that heavy with the 6.0. In all honesty, I couldn’t imagine hauling much more than the setup I have without going to a duramax. Good to see that these trucks can take the abuse though

I am quite surprised at how many people tow that heavy with the 6.0. In all honesty, I couldn’t imagine hauling much more than the setup I have without going to a duramax. Good to see that these trucks can take the abuse though
I wanted a diesel. This is my daily commuter. My average drive is 10 to 15 minutes stop light to stop light. Gas mileage is eh, but i run e85 at 1.59 gal vs 87 at 2.09. I weigh in at 7700lbs with me in it and some tools.

We just bought a Cougar 5th wheel - it's 9400# empty with GVWR of 11,500. Loaded to take to camp it towed awesome, but I don't think I'd want to be right at the 14k limit of a 2500 Gasser.

image000000.thumb.jpg.ac28de358672213605c83b5a57af117e.jpg

• Like 1
22 hours ago, elgavilan123 said:

Here's a Pic of my setup

Nice looking rigs there. I see tailgate down - I have to be like DEAD STRAIGHT or I can't lower it - your's that close?

No, mine has some clearance, I had just hooked up, don't tow it that way. I use an Anderson hitch, just recently switched from a slider, so the trailer sits about 8" further back. Really like the Anderson, the part you have to put in and take out only weighs 35# so it's really easy. I run a camper shell when not in tow mode.

No, mine has some clearance, I had just hooked up, don't tow it that way. I use an Anderson hitch, just recently switched from a slider, so the trailer sits about 8" further back. Really like the Anderson, the part you have to put in and take out only weighs 35# so it's really easy. I run a camper shell when not in tow mode.

Was looking into the reviews on the anderson. I like the light weight part.