2021 Yukon Denali - white frost and dark walnut - ?

My 4th Yukon Denali since 2016 and this one takes the cake. I wasn’t in a tremendous rush to get one but after realizing that there were only 4 within 500 miles of me AND one of them had the dark brown interior, I was in. I was going to catch an 8am flight from Richmond to Newark, grab the truck and drive it home but the owner of the dealership in NJ offered to have it delivered. Deal.

I’m leasing it so didn’t really care that it would have 300+ miles on it from the start. The guy was on time, stopped to have it washed again and filled up with gas, was well prepared and as nice as could be. I put him in an Uber to the airport for his return trip and started to dive in. Today, I detailed it to my own liking including three rounds of Zaino and then took it out for some pics this afternoon. Glad to answer any questions!

More high resolution images are here - https://www.creativedogmedia.com/Denali/n-NLRj3v/

D9DB2331-D3AE-456A-9460-E0425E170BAC.jpeg

28D34F84-272D-47F4-8A48-4ADF8CF08F0F.jpeg

CE6CE9E4-4345-4A8F-B23F-866077062FB0.jpeg

B9CEEFA1-9901-4F73-AF89-7D3F5A680F33.jpeg

EFCD54FC-65E1-4DBC-B50A-A5424C856B0C.jpeg

FE74B3B7-0D84-4D2C-8DCF-676532DCC0DD.jpeg

6AAB83B6-A407-4370-870F-0E6716D99378.jpeg

E75860F6-CD2C-4AE9-A49A-6D63D6B9E3F4.jpeg

992F6DC9-D9CC-4B14-9401-DC2DE05FAC40.jpeg

EA356B0C-9115-4C55-9B1C-E9514C8ECE09.jpeg

• Like 5

My 4th Yukon Denali since 2016 and this one takes the cake. I wasn’t in a tremendous rush to get one but after realizing that there were only 4 within 500 miles of me AND one of them had the dark brown interior, I was in. I was going to catch an 8am flight from Richmond to Newark, grab the truck and drive it home but the owner of the dealership in NJ offered to have it delivered. Deal.

I’m leasing it so didn’t really care that it would have 300+ miles on it from the start. The guy was on time, stopped to have it washed again and filled up with gas, was well prepared and as nice as could be. I put him in an Uber to the airport for his return trip and started to dive in. Today, I detailed it to my own liking including three rounds of Zaino and then took it out for some pics this afternoon. Glad to answer any questions!

Gorgeous combination there my friend! And amazing pics... I gotta step up my photography skills! I shoulda tried to get the dealer to deliver instead of drive 4 hrs from Dallas to Houston. Was worth it tho. Did your dealership budge any off msrp selling price? I know leases are written up differently and you have deal with residual value but curious on that aspect if your open to sharing. Understand if not. What was your previous vehicle and what's your initial thoughts so far on the new rig? Thanks for sharing!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

26 minutes ago, DCazares said:

Great color combination. Anything new after owning it a little longer? How's the ride and quietness of the cabin while on the highway?

It's really great and a pretty decent step up from the previous model years. I owned 2 16s and an 18 (all 3 Yukon Denalis) and it's good to see them progress like they have with the technology. I have pretty much either had BMWs or GMCs the past few years and just came out of a 2017 X5 x50i M-Sport. Different beasts, no doubt, but I like how much more room I have. We have two labs, a 4-bike hitch mount tray carrier and a large Yakima cargo carrier so the Yukon will be much more suited for that. Love all of the cameras on it, especially the front cameras that automatically activate as you pull into a parking spot or closer to a bumper in a drive thru. The top down 360 cam also activates. The rear view mirror cam is solid as well. It's got 3 zoom levels on it and you can tilt the camera up and down from the mirror itself. 

I am hardwiring my radar detector today and am going to try and figure out how to disable auto start/stop permanently. It's pretty annoying. In my X5, you could disable it for good until you enabled it again. The rear entertainment system looks nice but if I can't get any streaming content to them, they will go unused by my two daughters. Pulling a Fire Stick off of a TV in my house to try out and will tap into one of their 15gb hotspot connections.

It's a very quiet ride which I greatly appreciate.  Not sure if you ever saw this or heard of these issues with previous models but I took a chance on the 2021, especially not driving it before I bought it. The bet seems to have paid off. https://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2015/12/theres-a-big-issue-with-gms-suvs-and-no-one-seems-to-have-a-solution.html

I also created this group specific to these new SUVs. Check it out - https://www.facebook.com/groups/2021yukondenali/ 

Edited by yahtzee
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, yahtzee said:

It's really great and a pretty decent step up from the previous model years. I owned 2 16s and an 18 (all 3 Yukon Denalis) and it's good to see them progress like they have with the technology. I have pretty much either had BMWs or GMCs the past few years and just came out of a 2017 X5 x50i M-Sport. Different beasts, no doubt, but I like how much more room I have. We have two labs, a 4-bike hitch mount tray carrier and a large Yakima cargo carrier so the Yukon will be much more suited for that. Love all of the cameras on it, especially the front cameras that automatically activate as you pull into a parking spot or closer to a bumper in a drive thru. The top down 360 cam also activates. The rear view mirror cam is solid as well. It's got 3 zoom levels on it and you can tilt the camera up and down from the mirror itself. 

I am hardwiring my radar detector today and am going to try and figure out how to disable auto start/stop permanently. It's pretty annoying. In my X5, you could disable it for good until you enabled it again. The rear entertainment system looks nice but if I can't get any streaming content to them, they will go unused by my two daughters. Pulling a Fire Stick off of a TV in my house to try out and will tap into one of their 15gb hotspot connections.

It's a very quiet ride which I greatly appreciate.  Not sure if you ever saw this or heard of these issues with previous models but I took a chance on the 2021, especially not driving it before I bought it. The bet seems to have paid off. https://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2015/12/theres-a-big-issue-with-gms-suvs-and-no-one-seems-to-have-a-solution.html

I also created this group specific to these new SUVs. Check it out - https://www.facebook.com/groups/2021yukondenali/ 

I plan on hardwiring my radar detector as well. I've always hardwired in my previous vehicles since I absolutely hate the dangling/exposed wires. Let us know how the install goes and where you were able to tap into. I'm gonna look at tapping into the powered rearview mirror... if not then the center console and then run under the dash, along the driver A pillar, and then inside the edge of the headliner. Thanks

7 hours ago, aseibel said:

Nice photo session, I can tell you are a pro. I like the drone shots. You have a mavic zoom?

Thanks and no, these were with the Mavic 2 Pro and I also shoot with the Inspire 2. Ground shots were with the Sony A9II, 24mm GM and the 135mm GM.

• Like 1

On 7/21/2020 at 2:16 PM, Denali2021 said:

I plan on hardwiring my radar detector as well. I've always hardwired in my previous vehicles since I absolutely hate the dangling/exposed wires. Let us know how the install goes and where you were able to tap into. I'm gonna look at tapping into the powered rearview mirror... if not then the center console and then run under the dash, along the driver A pillar, and then inside the edge of the headliner. Thanks

It's a piece of cake. Take the two plastic pieces off from around the mirror, unplug the plug on the left side and tap the purple and white for hot and black and white for ground. Done.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2021yukondenali/

• 3 months later...
On 7/21/2020 at 9:53 AM, yahtzee said:

I also cr

eated this group specific to these new SUVs. Check it out - https://www.facebook.com/groups/2021yukondenali/ 

Just curious to know how you are feeling about the interior colors now that you have had it for awhile. I am supposed to be picking up my Hunter Metallic/ Very Dark Ash & Walnut on Monday. Haven't seen either color in person and I feel like both colors are difficult to photograph. They look very different depending on who took the photos and where. 

1 hour ago, battles2a5 said:

Just curious to know how you are feeling about the interior colors now that you have had it for awhile. I am supposed to be picking up my Hunter Metallic/ Very Dark Ash & Walnut on Monday. Haven't seen either color in person and I feel like both colors are difficult to photograph. They look very different depending on who took the photos and where. 

I love it..not too light and not black. I've always loved a dark brown in shoes, bags, etc. I will say it has a little more gray that I expected but it's still the best color that's offered, in my opinion.

• 2 weeks later...