In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Driver Seat Popping When Weight Shifted

Has anyone noticed a popping sound from the driver seat when taking sharp turns at low speed, or exiting the vehicle? It's fairly easy for me to reproduce. 

I remember the previous gen had a TSB about it, I wonder if it's similar with our trucks. Seat frame looks solid.

Yep!  It happens in my 2020 Sierra bucket seat.....when it's adjusted then the weight shifts due to driving.  If the seat never moves or is adjusted it's fine.

My 2014 Silverado did the same thing and I did the hose clamp fix myself.

I have this noise on my 2019 Sierra, as well.  I thought it was just me being too damn heavy!  I get it when going over big bumps, too.  Curious to see if there is any fix to this.

Edited by geddylee2112

The Early years of K2 GM platform trucks had this same issue.

Dealer attempted fix consisted of plastic clips that kept the seat bracket from shifting to the

side causing the clunk.

My fix was a rubber hose and clamp!  

Sounds like the T1 trucks are plagued by some of the same problems as the K2s

Along with creaky rear leaf springs and other.

Here is a 70 page thread on the seat popping noise issue.

https://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/154219-seat-movement-issues/page/70/#comments

I got my oil change and had the service advisor jot down the concern for the seat.

They confirmed it was the vertical adjuster actuator. The tech had to reposition it and test to confirm the pop is gone.

While it still pops occasionally that's mostly upon entry/exiting and I literally have to sit my fat ass down on the seat and slide in/out with all of my weight.

So i'm happy, since it would pop while I am driving at low speeds and turning and that no longer happens. 

Edited by HapaTrailBoss

On 7/21/2020 at 8:53 PM, Sierra Dan said:

The Early years of K2 GM platform trucks had this same issue.

Dealer attempted fix consisted of plastic clips that kept the seat bracket from shifting to the

side causing the clunk.

My fix was a rubber hose and clamp!  

Sounds like the T1 trucks are plagued by some of the same problems as the K2s

Along with creaky rear leaf springs and other.

Here is a 70 page thread on the seat popping noise issue.

https://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/154219-seat-movement-issues/page/70/#comments

Yes sir! I was just gonna mention a plastic ziptie was a fix for some same ****** same junk

• 2 weeks later...