In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Transmission temp

Whats up guys i drive a 2015 silverado z71 single cab and for some reason the transmission temp is at 24x when pulling my travel trailer.. ive done the thermostat mod and added a transmission cooler to it and it doesnt help a bit.. has anybody had any issues like this

Whats up guys i drive a 2015 silverado z71 single cab and for some reason the transmission temp is at 24x when pulling my travel trailer.. ive done the thermostat mod and added a transmission cooler to it and it doesnt help a bit.. has anybody had any issues like this

Assuming that the thermostat mod was done right, and the transmission cooler is working probably, maybe trans fluid is already in a bad condition.
Other thought is that cooler capacity is not high enough for your need.
Just assumptions.

Feel the passenger side line of the trans cooler.

if it’s ambient temp it means your not getting any, or barely any, flow through the trans cooler

if it’s very hot, just like the drivers side, it means you are getting flow and your trans is messed up.

22 minutes ago, truckguy82 said:

if it’s ambient temp it means your not getting any, or barely any, flow through the trans cooler

if it’s very hot, just like the drivers side, it means you are getting flow and your trans is messed up.

Ill check it out thanks

19 hours ago, truckguy82 said:

So i drove for a little bit not very far so i just got the temp around 140 or so and checked the line.. well it did feel hot

9 minutes ago, Jcantu2187 said:

Reading off the little screen on the cluster

If you can, just to double check, find an IR thermometer.  They are not expensive and cool to have to check temps on other things.  Like AC vents and such to make sure it is working well, in the car and at the house.

4 minutes ago, Black02Silverado said:

If you can, just to double check, find an IR thermometer.  They are not expensive and cool to have to check temps on other things.  Like AC vents and such to make sure it is working well, in the car and at the house.

Ok ill look for some