TONNEAU COVER AND GMC SPORT BAR INSTALL ON 2020 SIERRA 2500HD

JUST INSTALLED THOSE TWO THINGS ON A 2020 GMC Sierra 2500HD, NOTICE NOT A LOT OF DETAIL ON HOW TO DO THIS. I PAID MONEY TO GET IT WIRE, IN DOING SO I'VE LEARNED HOW THEY WIRE IT, IF ANYONE IS INTERESTED LET ME KNOW. ALSO TONNEAU COVER THAT WORKED WAS THE TRUXEDO SOFT COVER. EASY TO INSTALL BUT BUY WEATHER PROTECTING EDGE BEFORE INSTALLATION.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

So I had an old sports bar and wanted to see how it looked and if it could be done to my 2020 Sierra HD. I like the way it looks but haven’t found where to tap the third brake light on the bar without getting a “turn signal input” as well. How was yours wired up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1. Install the bar onto the truck.

2. The wire goes down the gas tank side.

3. Run that wire to driver side. There is a plastic you can drill through without metal.

4. You should have three wires. One is ground, one is power to exsisting brake light on the bar, the last one is future use light bar. Test which is which.

5. Using a drill and screw ground the wire to the truck. Anywhere metal is fine.

6. Open up the diver rear brake light and find which wire is power, splice into it using a new wire and run it back along your sport bar wire.(use plastic wire cover to prevent corrosion)

7. Once both wire is at the passenger door. Wire them together.

suggestion before wiring the rare brake light. Test connection before splicing. This will not interfere with all the computer things the new truck has.

• 10 months later...