In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Sign in to follow this  
dieselfan1

New Cargo Trailer for me

My 2014 H&H 6x14 enclosed cargo trailer developed some serious rust and got so bad one of the hinges on the ramp door broke free.

H&H uses a bed liner type coating on the frame of the trailer in manufacturing. Bad idea. It rotted out from the inside out. The whole bottom of the trailer was rust city.

Granted I'm in Minnesota and salt is on the menu 6 months a year but I washed it frequently in the winter especially when it was new. It had I'm guessing 200,000 miles on it and got blown over once in a windstorm. That was a hairy ride. Truck did a 180 going 55mph and came close to rolling. The trailer was only slightly damaged and drove away when we flipped it up. Time for a new trailer.

Picked up a 2020 Haulmark 6x12 with a 6'6" interior height.

1560 payload but it's a 3500 lb

axle so really it's 2060. They register these at 2990 for license purposes.

Nice to have shiny new trailer.

I put epoxy on the floor today.2e2886a73b36b30d97e309fb5836e8c1.jpg605b8aefe111d738c09573011b4b06d4.jpg468752c6696f13fb489c7be6e66f0f49.jpg1a4d4bf70db7baff274be1ef04f49392.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Here's a better pic of the 2014 H&H
It was nice. Screwless, alloys wheels with Goodyear Endurance tires, LED lights inside and out. I wish I would have taken some pics of all the rust but I was pissed and couldn't get rid of it fast enough.a1e8ea3675ffc956c4e9e092d0eb6e43.jpg

I ordered a axle flip kit for the new trailer. It's too low and if I don't put boards down at the end of my driveway it will scrape bottom. It should raise the trailer approximately 5".
Lifted truck , lifted trailer. That's how I roll.
I've done this on 3 trailers now.
I don't know why they make them so low

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, dieselfan1 said:

I ordered a axle flip kit for the new trailer. It's too low and if I don't put boards down at the end of my driveway it will scrape bottom. It should raise the trailer approximately 5".
Lifted truck , lifted trailer. That's how I roll.
I've done this on 3 trailers now.
I don't know why they make them so low

Now You gotta add some 37s to it to match the truck

Now You gotta add some 37s to it to match the truck
Or at least some 29's

• Like 1

Probably should have waited another month to buy... the "house of cards" economy won't last much longer.

Probably should have waited another month to buy... the "house of cards" economy won't last much longer.
Im not too worried Timmy. I got a pretty good deal on it.
Every other outfit in town wanted $450-750 more for the same trailer. Plus I unloaded a trailer that's going to be total junk in less than a year.

The economy will be just fine.
You get another free $1200 to piss away if you qualify soon.
Get some new tires or something like that to help the economy instead of being glass half empty guy.

26 minutes ago, dieselfan1 said:

Im not too worried Timmy. I got a pretty good deal on it.
Every other outfit in town wanted $450-750 more for the same trailer. Plus I unloaded a trailer that's going to be total junk in less than a year.

The economy will be just fine.
You get another free $1200 to piss away if you qualify soon.
Get some new tires or something like that to help the economy instead of being glass half empty guy.

Been working and saving for many years, no free money for me, but I'm more than ready with cash to buy homes, vehicles & toys real cheap. One mans loss...