Jump to content
  • Sign up for FREE! Become a GM-Trucks.com Member Today!

    In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

“Action Required - Open Then Close Driver Window”


Recommended Posts

Well ******!  Error is back again.  At least I went 7 weeks before this error came back to haunt me.  Got another appointment scheduled at the dealership tomorrow morning.  Will this ever end ?  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Any updates on this?

I'm seeing the same nearly daily now, running through the testing here and the voltage drops look good, boot in the door is dry. Thinking its my window motor as well since my drivers window moves up/down slower than the rest of the windows. Were you seeing the same prior to the window motor replacement?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, tiwillia said:

Any updates on this?

I'm seeing the same nearly daily now, running through the testing here and the voltage drops look good, boot in the door is dry. Thinking its my window motor as well since my drivers window moves up/down slower than the rest of the windows. Were you seeing the same prior to the window motor replacement?

No resolution yet.  After the last visit the dealership could not find what’s causing the issue this time.  Luckily it’s no longer as frequent as it was in the past, however it still happens every few weeks.  The service writer said they’ll need to bring in a GM field service engineer to look at it.  Don’t know when that’s going to happen & was told it might be a while before the engineer is available

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

For those that are interested my saga here continues...

 

As noted in early Feb, I was told that my dealership needs to bring in a GM Field Services Engineer to look at my truck.  Called a couple weeks later to see if anything had been scheduled yet & was told "nothing yet" and "we'll let you know as soon as we get an engineer scheduled to come in".  

Well, my Action Required message has become much more frequent again lately (4 times this week so far) so I called the dealership to see what their plans are with the engineer.  Their response?  Well evidently they cannot schedule an engineer to come in unless they have the vehicle onsite.  So now I have to leave my truck with them so they can get this on an engineers schedule.  AND it has to stay at the dealership until the engineer has come in to look and hopefully repair the truck.  Asked how long that'd take & was told it could be days to weeks, don't really know.  

They also said that since my truck is currently past its 36,000 warranty that they won't be able to give me a loaner vehicle until after the engineer looks at the vehicle and confirms this is a warranty issue.  Been to the dealership 10 times over the last year so how in the mother-effin'-hell can this not be???

Needless to say IF I ever get this fixed I'll never return to this dealership again! 

Edited by steve76t
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/3/2021 at 7:48 AM, tiwillia said:

Any updates on this?

I'm seeing the same nearly daily now, running through the testing here and the voltage drops look good, boot in the door is dry. Thinking its my window motor as well since my drivers window moves up/down slower than the rest of the windows. Were you seeing the same prior to the window motor replacement?

Curious, have you been able to get your issue fixed?  If so, what was done?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've just learned to ignore it. It stopped appearing daily and now appears maybe once a week. If it gets bad again I'll take some time to check all my grounds and do some more troubleshooting.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Got another update for anyone that’s interested.  The bullshit is getting deeper & deeper too.  

 

Finally got the field services engineer in town to look at my truck.  He also took a look at the records & noted that GM’s Technical Assistance Center recommended that the window tint be removed from the front windows.  My dealership did not do that & never mentioned it to me.  Because of this the field services engineer won’t look at the truck until the tint is removed. 

 

Now the dealership is going to remove the tint.  They are supposed to get me something in writing stating that they’ll reimburse me for re-tinting the truck if this doesn’t fix my issue.  Complete bullshit I’m sure but I’m being told it’s the only way they can move forward with any attempts to fix it.  

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, steve76t said:

Got another update for anyone that’s interested.  The bullshit is getting deeper & deeper too.  

 

Finally got the field services engineer in town to look at my truck.  He also took a look at the records & noted that GM’s Technical Assistance Center recommended that the window tint be removed from the front windows.  My dealership did not do that & never mentioned it to me.  Because of this the field services engineer won’t look at the truck until the tint is removed. 

 

Now the dealership is going to remove the tint.  They are supposed to get me something in writing stating that they’ll reimburse me for re-tinting the truck if this doesn’t fix my issue.  Complete bullshit I’m sure but I’m being told it’s the only way they can move forward with any attempts to fix it.  

That's some crazy stuff right there. This happened to me once, but that was because I was retrofitting my door handles, installing sound deadening and upgrading my speakers. I had disconnected the harness that went into the door a couple times. I ignored the 'suggestion' until I was done with the wiring, did the roll down/up and it never came back after that(did this last summer). Maybe check the connections for the door harness to make sure it's all plugged in nice an tight? 

 

Good luck!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, jpinoy said:

That's some crazy stuff right there. This happened to me once, but that was because I was retrofitting my door handles, installing sound deadening and upgrading my speakers. I had disconnected the harness that went into the door a couple times. I ignored the 'suggestion' until I was done with the wiring, did the roll down/up and it never came back after that(did this last summer). Maybe check the connections for the door harness to make sure it's all plugged in nice an tight? 

 

Good luck!!

wish this was that easy.  This issue has been going on for over a year now & the battery has been replaced, BCM has been replaced, the window motor has been replaced, had computers reset, window stops reset multiple times, etc.  still this issue won't go away.  That's why they need a field services engineer flown in to look at the truck next

Link to comment
Share on other sites

wish this was that easy.  This issue has been going on for over a year now & the battery has been replaced, BCM has been replaced, the window motor has been replaced, had computers reset, window stops reset multiple times, etc.  still this issue won't go away.  That's why they need a field services engineer flown in to look at the truck next
Dang... Hopefully the engineer can figure it out. Good luck!

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I wanted to share a picture of this driver side door harness that I’m working on. In my previous posts where I mentioned the issue could be harness related, this is exactly what/why I mentioned that. After inspecting this harness, I found 6 wires (including the large ground wire) with nicks on it. GM doesn’t wrap this section with tape. With the repeated open/close of a door, this area seems to wear. I don’t know how the wires get nicked but I see this all the time. If there is a short occurring here, this could be reason (or one of them) that triggers the open/close window message.


ff23e4b83c043a3f0c4a2e4c8782284c.jpg


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/9/2021 at 3:58 PM, pgamboa said:

I wanted to share a picture of this driver side door harness that I’m working on. In my previous posts where I mentioned the issue could be harness related, this is exactly what/why I mentioned that. After inspecting this harness, I found 6 wires (including the large ground wire) with nicks on it. GM doesn’t wrap this section with tape. With the repeated open/close of a door, this area seems to wear. I don’t know how the wires get nicked but I see this all the time. If there is a short occurring here, this could be reason (or one of them) that triggers the open/close window message.





Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, I'll have to take a look at this to see what I find.  Won't help with the service department as they're not interested in what I think could be contributing factors, but I'll look anyway.  

 

Also, got my truck back today after it was sitting at the detailership for two weeks.  They did remove the tint as they mentioned last week, but only from the driver's side front window & not the passenger side.  Otherwise they didn't touch the truck.  They don't want to call the Field Service Engineer back until it's been confirmed that removing the tint didn't fix my issue.  I'm sure I'll be calling them later this week when the error message pops back up on my dash.  

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/9/2021 at 3:58 PM, pgamboa said:

I wanted to share a picture of this driver side door harness that I’m working on. In my previous posts where I mentioned the issue could be harness related, this is exactly what/why I mentioned that. After inspecting this harness, I found 6 wires (including the large ground wire) with nicks on it. GM doesn’t wrap this section with tape. With the repeated open/close of a door, this area seems to wear. I don’t know how the wires get nicked but I see this all the time. If there is a short occurring here, this could be reason (or one of them) that triggers the open/close window message.


ff23e4b83c043a3f0c4a2e4c8782284c.jpg


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unplugged the door harness & see a tiny bit of green something at the bottom of the connector.  Could this be a little corrosion from getting wet?  Wonder if a little dielectric grease might be a viable solution to my problem?

 

BTW,  I did notice that the wires for my truck  are wrapped in a black cloth tape.  

E4663AD9-97E4-4BFB-9F1E-F466BEC72845.jpeg

Edited by steve76t
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

    238.7k
    Total Topics
    1.4m
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

    286,646
    Total Members
    8,960
    Most Online
    NRodvold
    Newest Member
    NRodvold
    Joined
  • Who's Online   5 Members, 0 Anonymous, 403 Guests (See full list)




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.