In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Hey all,

I was looking into an autostop disabler (really hate that feature) I have found one from autostop eliminator for 90$ that says it does not interfere with the older AFM tech. that looks like it plugs somewhere into the wiring. I also found one from Range Tech that does not say anything about any DOD tech AFM or DFM and is about twice the price that plugs into the OBD2 port.

I am leaning towards the Range Tech one - I would enjoy being able to take it off easily in the event it needs warranty work. Has anyone installed this on a 5.3 with the newer DFM? I would think that this would not interfere with AFM or DFM at all, but I want to make sure before dropping about 200$.

I am open to suggestions from of other brands as well! Thanks for your help! Links below of the two mentioned.

Autostop Elim - 90 lengthy install process.

https://www.autostopeliminator.com/collections/gm/products/2019-silverado-sierra-autostop-eliminator

Range - 190 - plug in and uninstall in seconds.

https://www.rangetechnology.com/products/start-stop_disabler/gm/parts/RA005B

I have this on my 6.2. Same device though. It deactivates DFM and auto stop/start. The auto stop device one turns off the stop start feature.

Ryan B.

1 hour ago, RyanbabZ71 said:

I have this on my 6.2. Same device though. It deactivates DFM and auto stop/start. The auto stop device one turns off the stop start feature.

Ryan B.

it states on the website that it does not work for the 6.2L.

https://www.rangetechnology.com/products/afm-dfm_disabler/parts/RA003B

it states on the website that it does not work for the 6.2L.

https://www.rangetechnology.com/products/afm-dfm_disabler/parts/RA003B

It does. They state that because they haven’t gotten them working on all the 6.2 trucks yet. There were/are some issues but I lucked out and ordered and they said if it doesn’t work they would take back. No issues with mine.

32450126a6e5420f05fca86cbd443959.jpg

Ryan B.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have both and am really happy with it. I got the auto stop first because I hated having to hit the button each every time I started my truck. Install was very easy if you watch the YouTube videos. If youre interested in this, I'd recommend emailing the owner as he will sometimes through in a code to save you some $.

I then ordered the obdii module since I wanted to eliminate the dfm. I'm happy with how it operates. I figured if I ever wanted to remove it I could to have the benefits of dfm while maintaining the auto stop.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

On 8/4/2020 at 9:27 AM, RyanbabZ71 said:

It does. They state that because they haven’t gotten them working on all the 6.2 trucks yet. There were/are some issues but I lucked out and ordered and they said if it doesn’t work they would take back. No issues with mine.

32450126a6e5420f05fca86cbd443959.jpg

Ryan B.

Hey Ryan, I have a 2020 6.2 10-speed Trail Boss, and I’ve been waiting for confirmation before I order the DFM/auto start-stop disabling tool from Range. My question is how do you know if the DFM disable is working? You have a 10-speed 6.2 right? I appreciate any input.

Hey Ryan, I have a 2020 6.2 10-speed Trail Boss, and I’ve been waiting for confirmation before I order the DFM/auto start-stop disabling tool from Range. My question is how do you know if the DFM disable is working? You have a 10-speed 6.2 right? I appreciate any input.

When I spoke to them the main things they seen was the auto start/stop not working and the RPMs while driving down the highway for example would jump around.

Ryan B.

I have this one on my 2020 3.0L diesel, Autostop Eliminator I've had it on since Feb 2020 never had any problems and the truck has been back to the dealer for warranty work, the tech. never knew it was there.

• 4 months later...
On 8/10/2020 at 9:50 PM, bobbobtar said:

I have this one on my 2020 3.0L diesel, Autostop Eliminator I've had it on since Feb 2020 never had any problems and the truck has been back to the dealer for warranty work, the tech. never knew it was there.

I just had the autostop eliminator installed on my 2021 Denali Ultimate with 3.0 Diesel, not worried about my selling dealer since they installed it for me.   I was a little hesitant to try to remove all the console trim to gain access and dealer said, no problem we’ll put it in for you.  It works great and exactly as advertised.

ok..i bought and installed the range for my 6.2. the only time the auto stop has activated is when I remote start. not sure if it activates immediately or after a period of idling but I have to push the start button once I get in. 

ok..i bought and installed the range for my 6.2. the only time the auto stop has activated is when I remote start. not sure if it activates immediately or after a period of idling but I have to push the start button once I get in. 

Anytime you remote start you have to press the start button to “turn” the vehicle on. This is not part of the range device

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
2 hours ago, 901at4 said:

Remote start will only run for 15min without extending the time. This has nothing to do with the auto stop/start.

image.thumb.png.40698892baf3386edbe12b3403ee06d4.png