Best fr.&rear shocks for 16-18 4x2 lowered single cab

Whats up guys, new to the truck life, just picked up at 2017 Silverado LT 5.3 it came with 24s and i believe its a 4/6 or a 5/7 drop. But the ride is terrible. Need help, i read some forums on here about belltech or belstein but everyone who recommended them said “i think they are better” or “its a bit nicer” nothing too convincing. Please only recommend something you truly like or love. Also, has anyone tried putting the QA1 shocks from older GM trucks into their new one? People swear by those QA1’s! 

86034B95-D964-4134-83C8-18B281C3FE70.jpeg

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum. The 24" rims and little skinny tires are probably causing most of the harsh ride. The taller the sidewall the nicer it will ride. I have 11000 km on my Belltech Street Performance shocks, and absolutely love the ride. It's better than stock. I would try their Street Performance shocks, or they have the Nitro Drop shocks for a little softer ride. I remember reading somewhere that the Nitro's are better for the Reg Cabs. There are also a few manufacturers making softer coil springs for our trucks, as well as custom leaf spring packs too.

BTW, your truck is sexy!

Here's my truck with the Mcgaughys kit #34270. First picture is at 4/7 and second at 3/6. Rides like a dream, it probably rides better than stock. I have a buddy who had a IHC kit and the ride was not pleasant, he also swapped out that kit for a Mcgaughys.1422d0a65191e9a58031152d6323c34e.jpgc8fe4bec411d74c2f9850c6e47220ed5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
Thanks guys!!! I also have a buddy who has an 04 sierra with qa1s and he recommended seeing if those will fit this year trucks. Do you guys think they will? I have everyone with older trucks swearing by the QA1s

Just measure the length and order away. I ordered a set of Belltech Nitro Drop shocks for a C10 and they fit. Might have to use some fender washers on the top mount, but should work fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With lowering a single cab you have to keep in mind that even the best parts out there are all going to be intended for a 4 door because that is the vast majority out on the road.What parts you should use really depend on your use of the truck and how soft you can make the ride before it effects your use of the truck as a truck.If you use your truck for heavy work duty and riding around mostly loaded up its a little easier to make the ride tolerable even with sporty shocks meant for a 4door but if you ride around with an empty bed, on skinny tires, low on fuel, and with the spare tire out its going to ride like its on the rims.Every single cab ive had has been a little different and took a little playing around with parts before I was happy with the compromise in ride.Check out this thread as it might help :