Towing Upgrades for a 2007 Sierra 1500 4x4?

Hi, New to the forum and to towing, so sorry if my questions are kinda dumb.

I have a 2007 GMC Sierra with over 300k miles, it has been a dream to drive and recently got a new engine, so there should still be plenty of miles left on it.

I just bought a Toy Hauler (Max Weight should not tops 7000lbs), and wondering what kind of upgrades I Should be looking into for efficient and safe towing. Keep in mind the truck wont be used as a Daily Driver for much longer, so Efficient towing is the priority.

The truck is equipped with the HD Trailering Package, Z71 Offroad suspension and 3.70 rear gears(Already pulled the Build Sheet).

My toy hauler also came with Sway Bars and Weight Distribution, and I bought a Weight Distribution Hitch and Brake controller.

Pretty sure all of the shocks need replacement. 

My questions are, What shocks should be good for towing with this truck? Should I add an extra Leaf to the rear? Airbags? I read somewhere that the transmission cooler should be upgraded since the one that came with the truck is not that great. Any engine performance mods that I should look into to help towing?

Any Input helps, and Thanks for taking the time to read my post!

Welcome! 

No such thing is a dumb question. If you are going all out get you some bilstein shocks all around. Air bags are great. As far as stability goes throw a set of 10 ply tires on the truck. I tow and put 10 ply tires on my 1500 and the difference is remarkable. No more sidewall flex and bouncing around. Much better stability, yes you will lose a little mpg but the safety factor makes up for it. Good luck! 

The weakest link in the half-ton trucks, IMHO, is the rear axle.  Weak semifloater, that doesn't handle the combination of speed, weight and heat well.  My '01 half-ton Suburban has its original engine and transmission with 275k miles on it, but is wearing rear axle number four - precisely because of towing heavy.  That's the main reason I upgraded to the 2500. 

7,000 is a lot for a half-ton.  I'd look into a rear diff cover, aluminum, with extra cooling fins.  Maybe even one that would increase the fluid capacity.  And change your fluids more frequently when towing, specifically rear axle and transmission.