Would you rebuy 2019/2020 GM truck?

RE1

Yes! I was originally going to get a 2019 AT4. I test drove one, and like a previous comment said "the seats are horrible!" Before I ordered mine I test drove a 2019 AT4 and thought the same thing, "The seats are stiff and uncomfortable, but maybe they're just so new and haven't broken in yet." I wanted a 6-1/2' box, not the 5-1/2' box. Apparently all the dealerships are mostly trying to sell 5-1/2' boxes because they searched a 500 mile radius and couldn't find a single AT4 with a 6-1/2' box. They told me I'd have to order one from the factory...no biggie, I wasn't in any rush; plus that gave me some time to sell my Ford Escape. Once I got looking at the difference between the 19's and the 20's I noticed the 20's have adaptive cruise control, I ordered a 20 instead of a 19 for only $250 more. Once I got mine the seats were nice & soft, nothing like the stiff-as-a-board ones I remembered in the 19 that I test drove.

It's had a couple issues here and there, but the dealership has been pretty good about fixing them right away. I did have to get the entire nav/xm/radio/etc thing replaced within the first month or so of having it because it wouldn't turn on some times. It still has it's little hiccups now & again, but so does my phone, I guess.

All in all, I've only had it for a about a year, but it's been a pretty good truck so far. My dog likes it too; 14 years old and she still goes pretty much everywhere with me. My dad even just recently bought a 2020 3/4 ton Denali diesel. His only complaint is that his trailering mirrors on his sit up so high they cause a heck of a blind spot up front.

2.png

• Like 3

2 hours ago, 2020AT4 said:

2.png

I leave my rear seats in the up position and keep a doggy bed on the floor.  Your dog looks almost the same as mine, right down to the graying snout.

Edited by AlaskaErik

19 minutes ago, AlaskaErik said:

I leave my rear seats in the up position and keep a doggy bed on the floor.  Your dog looks almost the same as mine, right down to the graying snout.

She's my baby! She had a stroke a few months ago; ever since then I've been bringing her to work with me every day. That's why her legs have shaved spots, from IV's when she stayed 3 days in the ICU at the vet clinic, the hair just never grew back.

Maybe the king size fitted sheet on the back seat, with the 2 small bungee cords around the head rests to hold it up, should be something to post on the MOD forum lol ?

• Like 1

2020 High Country 5.3 with 10 Speed here.  Yes, I would buy again. To my family and I the truck is roomy and comfortable. The interior isn't the most modern but it has all the features one would need and plenty of additional creature comforts. 

22 minutes ago, UGADawgs said:

Other than that, wish I had gotten the front camera. 

Same here. 

I really love my RST. The only buyer's remorse I have is not having the option in that trim to get the 360 camera package (including the rearview mirror camera) and the ventilated seats. 

If I did it over (which I plan to do when the 2022's come out), I'd get the 6.2L/10sp and the aforementioned tech add-ons. Otherwise, I LOVE my Silverado... especially the color-matched styling. 

• Like 1

Yep, at least until I see what the new Tundra is like. I don't trust newer GM trucks to be reliable past 100k..... nor Ram or Ford.... but I hated test driving the 2 Tundra's I checked out before grabbing my 20 Chevy. I'd rather be happy in something that lasts 100k than miserable in something that lasts 300k. 

50 minutes ago, Mikedfw said:

I'm really jealous of all of you that have had no problems.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I feel for those who've had problems. I've read many issues on the forum and what gets me is when someone has an issue and brings it to the dealer and they're told "it's normal". So BS! Tell them if it's normal and they all do it lets go check 10 trucks on the lot then we'll see if "it's normal"

I feel for those who've had problems. I've read many issues on the forum and what gets me is when someone has an issue and brings it to the dealer and they're told "it's normal". So BS! Tell them if it's normal and they all do it lets go check 10 trucks on the lot then we'll see if "it's normal"
What gets me is more that most of the issues I have occur randomly and are usually fixed after the truck has been off for a while and restarted. Can't duplicate the majority of them when I need to show them to the dealer, but they keep occurring and doesn't seem like anyone knows what to do about it. At least with my Ford I had to lemon law, the problems were clear and consistent.

On 8/11/2020 at 8:35 PM, RE1 said:

2014 GMC Sierra Denali with 117,000 miles. Literally one thing after another over the last year or so. Getting so tired of GM. Seems like they start to fall apart after 100k miles despite meticulous maintenance. Plenty of other repairs since new. Had all of the well know issues known to the 2014-2018 trucks. 

Thinking about getting rid of this truck and getting new. Cross shopping all the brands. Would you rebuy a 2019 or 2020 truck given your experience with the brand? I’m mostly interested in reliability and trouble-free ownership as long as realistically possible. I’ve owned many GM vehicles in my life but this has been by far the one that needed the most trips to dealer/repair shops. 

NO! That said I am perfectly satisfied with my 2015 over it's 125 K trouble free miles. Only my 98 Honda Civic HX was a better overall vehicle. 

The T1, IMHO, is about as ugly a duckling as has ever been made. If and when the my K2 peters out I'm on to Dodge IF there is still a RC available. If not a full size family car. Yea, even it if means Asian. Genesis? Lincoln?  The earth will sprout a second sun before I drive an SUV.

I did ...

Had a 19 High Country with 6.2L ...

Could not take the crappy mileage anymore... 

That combined with the long 0% financing ... 

I got a 20 GMC Denali with the 3L diesel ...

Other than missing the power tail gate, love the 20.

Yes! I was originally going to get a 2019 AT4. I test drove one, and like a previous comment said "the seats are horrible!" Before I ordered mine I test drove a 2019 AT4 and thought the same thing, "The seats are stiff and uncomfortable, but maybe they're just so new and haven't broken in yet." I wanted a 6-1/2' box, not the 5-1/2' box. Apparently all the dealerships are mostly trying to sell 5-1/2' boxes because they searched a 500 mile radius and couldn't find a single AT4 with a 6-1/2' box. They told me I'd have to order one from the factory...no biggie, I wasn't in any rush; plus that gave me some time to sell my Ford Escape. Once I got looking at the difference between the 19's and the 20's I noticed the 20's have adaptive cruise control, I ordered a 20 instead of a 19 for only $250 more. Once I got mine the seats were nice & soft, nothing like the stiff-as-a-board ones I remembered in the 19 that I test drove.

It's had a couple issues here and there, but the dealership has been pretty good about fixing them right away. I did have to get the entire nav/xm/radio/etc thing replaced within the first month or so of having it because it wouldn't turn on some times. It still has it's little hiccups now & again, but so does my phone, I guess.

All in all, I've only had it for a about a year, but it's been a pretty good truck so far. My dog likes it too; 14 years old and she still goes pretty much everywhere with me. My dad even just recently bought a 2020 3/4 ton Denali diesel. His only complaint is that his trailering mirrors on his sit up so high they cause a heck of a blind spot up front.
2.thumb.png.f972bc0d92f728c011e3736e630a8bc3.png
Did they actually use different seats for the 2020 model? Anyone know?