Would you rebuy 2019/2020 GM truck?

RE1

8 minutes ago, mafd2 said:

Hmmm not ignorant... I think he hit the nail on the head grumpy...

Okay lets test that idea. I'll quote again for accuracy.

21 hours ago, Ted Turner said:

weakest engine Chevy has ever put in a half ton

This engine had a 216.48-cubic-inch (3.5 L) displacement with a bore and stroke of 3.5 by 3.75 inches (88.90 mm × 95.25 mm). A four-bearing crankshaft was added, along with 6.5:1 compression pistons, for 85 hp (63 kW).

Shall I continue? 

File:Chevy thriftmaster 1948.jpg

Edited by Grumpy Bear
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, Grumpy Bear said:

Okay lets test that idea. I'll quote again for accuracy.

This engine had a 216.48-cubic-inch (3.5 L) displacement with a bore and stroke of 3.5 by 3.75 inches (88.90 mm × 95.25 mm). A four-bearing crankshaft was added, along with 6.5:1 compression pistons, for 85 hp (63 kW).

Shall I continue? 

File:Chevy thriftmaster 1948.jpg

Beautiful truck. Looks better than the '15. That '15 V6 is weak and was the weakest of the line up. Hell the 4 cyl in the T1 has more h.p. than the V6. 

Edited by mafd2

i've thought about it and i probably wouldn't buy mine again, or at least i wouldn't get the 6.2 again. 

I'd really like to get the new Ram TRX or the new Raptor once its released. the Raptor i'm thinking may edge out the TRX in performance but the TRX will have a way better interior. 

When i bought my AT4 i thought i could deal with the bland interior but I miss the Ram interior now. at least with the GM you get the cargo camera on the 1500 where as the Ram you only got it on the HD trucks, although i read the 21 Ram now has has the camera rear view and cargo cam on the 1500's

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Grumpy Bear said:

Seriously? 

I'm going to let you Google that and try again. 

:idiot:

Been awhile since I've heard such an ignorant statement.

You can cite whatever random pseudo-knowledge that you may have but the fact remains, you are driving a $hitbox, and you come on here talking $hit to people driving the dream version of said $hitbox. LMAO & GTFOH

1 hour ago, mafd2 said:

Hmmm not ignorant... I think Ted hit the nail on the head.

Some of these people are unreal. Never seen more ill-informed people defend a material purchase to the death. 

Why wouldn’t you purchase the 6.2 again? 
Biggest would be that its pointless, costs me a lot if extra money to run and I get nothing out of it. I had 5.3 before and it wasn't even close to my ford on gas so I didn't want another but I didn't realize at the time the 6.2 needed premium fuel.

I figured it was same as the 6.4 hemi, in the jeep or challenger it requires 91 but in the trucks it uses 87.

Sent from my SM-N975W using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, AdamAT4 said:

Biggest would be that its pointless, costs me a lot if extra money to run and I get nothing out of it. I had 5.3 before and it wasn't even close to my ford on gas so I didn't want another but I didn't realize at the time the 6.2 needed premium fuel.

I figured it was same as the 6.4 hemi, in the jeep or challenger it requires 91 but in the trucks it uses 87.

I  actually don't find the fuel economy that bad, yes it can be terrible if I'm getting on it, but that is 100% on me if I drive that way.  The premium was a bit of a shock to me as well, but the extra few $ for it over regular, not the end of the world in my eyes.  

I  actually don't find the fuel economy that bad, yes it can be terrible if I'm getting on it, but that is 100% on me if I drive that way.  The premium was a bit of a shock to me as well, but the extra few $ for it over regular, not the end of the world in my eyes.  
That depends on where you live, in canada it costs me $30 per tank. That's considerable increase in operating costs at an average driver (distance wise) im looking at $1000 per year just on fuel price difference not to mention the 6.2 being more thirsty.

I personally love the look of the T1's, even over the RAM 1500 and F-150.  I have my truck setup just the way I like it (cosmetically/tires/shocks) but I'm having a hard time getting used to the drivers seat comfort.  That's really my only gripe.  Had I taken a much longer test drive, it probably would have swayed me away.

10 hours ago, mafd2 said:

Beautiful truck. Looks better than the '15. That '15 V6 is weak and was the weakest of the line up. Hell the 4 cyl in the T1 has more h.p. than the V6. 

Is't it? Yes weakest and yet, for me, adequate. I don't need a 12 gauge to kill a fly. 

Let me ask you a thoughtful question a beg of you a thoughtful response.

If your gal judged "better" as only a bigger and more powerful ( primary driver ? )  the same way your judging, how secure would you be in your future happiness?  OR do you prefer to believe that perhaps you are judged superior based on the totality of your qualities, features and experience? 

That said I do understand and agree to stipulate that UGLY or BEAUTY is in the eye of the beholder. It just an opinion. Lets not make this a thing where we all unzip and wave at the crowd. 

I'm ignoring Ted Turner. I don't feed trolls. This fella can't seem to tell the difference between opinions and facts.  

Edited by Grumpy Bear
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, AdamAT4 said:

That depends on where you live, in canada it costs me $30 per tank. That's considerable increase in operating costs at an average driver (distance wise) im looking at $1000 per year just on fuel price difference not to mention the 6.2 being more thirsty.

I'm from Canada as well.  It could be different for me as I'm use to buying premium for my other cars, so the cost variation to me seems quite minimal.  I'm getting the same mileage out of the truck that I would with any of my other cars (except the wife's diesel) and price is only up maybe $6-9 per tank.

I didn't notice the 6.2L being and worse than 5.3L when I was comparing the two.

1 hour ago, Grumpy Bear said:

Is't it? Yes weakest and yet, for me, adequate. I don't need a 12 gauge to kill a fly. 

Let me ask you a thoughtful question a beg of you a thoughtful response.

If your gal judged "better" as only a bigger and more powerful ( primary driver ? )  the same way your judging, how secure would you be in your future happiness?  OR do you prefer to believe that perhaps you are judged superior based on the totality of your qualities, features and experience? 

That said I do understand and agree to stipulate that UGLY or BEAUTY is in the eye of the beholder. It just an opinion. Lets not make this a thing where we all unzip and wave at the crowd. 

I'm ignoring Ted Turner. I don't feed trolls. This fella can't seem to tell the difference between opinions and facts.  

@Grumpy Bear  you now have your own thread to share your thoughts.  Let's quit arguing on this one over senseless stuff

• Like 1

Probably if I wasn’t retired. GMs were usually cheaper and I bought leftovers. I wouldn’t be happy with cylinder deactivation, stop start, and the massive electronics. So with the additional extended warranty for protection if it still was cheaper that the tundra I would stay with GM. If I was still working. The turbo engine Fords were a no go. Rams were usually more and have cylinder deactivation too. I like my local GM dealerships, both Chevy and GMC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1