In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Sign in to follow this  
AJE

Dead animal somewhere in truck...

I have an '18 2500 but I posted in here because of the higher traffic and thinking the AC systems are pretty similar.

I've noticed the smell the last day or two, 100% worse when the AC is on.   There are mice around my barn so I figured one crawled in somewhere and died.   I have opened the glove box trying to look where the cabin air filter is and I can't smell anything coming from that area.   

Anywhere specific I should look?   

You have a dead mouse in or around filter, put a piece of thin cardboard under cabin filter to catch it when you pull filter out. Same thing happened to me.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

I had one get in my old '92 BMW last winter. Got in one morning & started the car and this guy was in the fan cage area and the fan made all kinds of noise when it started. I thought, what the heck! Two days later it really started to smell. I had to spend 2 hours pulling the stuff off from under the hood to get to the fan motor & cage. Found the dead guy. Let me know if you have a good solution to keep the rodents away besides a cat.