I want to love the new z71 Suburban...

On 9/20/2020 at 7:17 AM, George100 said:

I had just seen a z71 Tahoe bombing up the highway near Toronto, not too many of these here yet and absolutely no suburbans or xl or esv yet. But with the Z71 and probably others I noticed the rear control arms down near the wheel and they were low. Even the Expedition does not hang that low. I am not sure the airbags are going to raise this but i would be concerned.

Yeah that was one of the first thing I noticed was how low the control arms were. And that video showing the rear not locking up it’s just crazy.  Yeah most people don’t go hardcore off road driving but the whole point of paying that much for those options is because it’s there when you need it (whether it be planned or unexpected adverse weather conditions). 

Edited by EXSlider400
  • Like 1

On 9/27/2020 at 12:56 AM, JR09country said:

That at4 they tested has the Elsd. Where the z71 tahoe they tested has a g80 equivalent.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Yeah on the Chevy website it does say it should have a mechanical locker but in real world it doesn’t look like it does anything and it’s just an open diff...a G80 should have locked by then.  

Edited by EXSlider400

Yeah on the Chevy website it does say it should have a mechanical locker but in real world it doesn’t look like it does anything and it’s just an open diff...a G80 should have locked by then.  
I agree. Not sure what was going on.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

GM has played games with letters and numbers for decades. I’ve seen 6cyl SSs in the sixties and lately Z71s without 4WD. I used to take my trailblazer ss on pipeline ROWs and my 4WD Tahoe. People have different ideas what off roading should be. I made my living off road. I sometimes used two wheel drive vehicles. I didn’t see any of those extreme lifted big tire jobs like you see on the street. Most of those would soon break an axle in serious off roading. A raptor was about as extreme as it got.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk