In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

I see two main types of front shock extenders available for our trucks; thick washers that go over the top mounting studs, and fabricated spacers that mount on the bottom of the shock. Is there an advantage to one over the other? Regarding the stud spacers for the top, how thick are they, and is there enough stud thread length left afterwards for the nuts to fully engage with? 

I'm running the washer type extenders. These mount on top of the shock. I don't know if there is an advantage to one over the other as they both accomplish the same thing. The stud thread length does not seem to be an issue. It sits just flush with the top of the new lock nut. I've been running these for a little over 4 years with no issues...

Mine came from Central Coast Motorsports (ccmoffroad.com). I purchased their leveling kit which came with keys, UCAs, diff drop spacers, and the shock extenders, but they do sell just the shock extenders for $15.00. See pics below...

Shock Extenders.JPG

extender.JPG

nut.JPG

5 hours ago, EJCarter said:

I'm running the washer type extenders. These mount on top of the shock. I don't know if there is an advantage to one over the other as they both accomplish the same thing. The stud thread length does not seem to be an issue. It sits just flush with the top of the new lock nut. I've been running these for a little over 4 years with no issues...

Mine came from Central Coast Motorsports (ccmoffroad.com). I purchased their leveling kit which came with keys, UCAs, diff drop spacers, and the shock extenders, but they do sell just the shock extenders for $15.00. See pics below...

Shock Extenders.JPG

extender.JPG

nut.JPG

Thanks. I thought about turning my own; but at $15-$20, why bother? 

• Like 1