2012 Mirror Swap questions - Towing to non towing

First things first maybe there is a mirror swap guide that someone can point me to. I just got a 2012 2500 that has some cheapo aftermarket towing mirrors that I dont like. I want to install the smaller size, the current mirrors have heat with no turn signal.

1. The factory side of the mirror harness inside the door has 7 wires and the mirrors have 5 does this mean from the factory the truck had turn signals in the mirrors?
  2. If I go with the smaller mirrors that have heat, power fold, power move, and signal can I swap the button in order to get the fold functionality? if so does this require getting the BCM programmed?

On 8/29/2020 at 9:42 PM, joerado said:

LT

So your truck was built with the standard power small mirrors with heat option code DL8.  So you can get a set of those and plug them in no problems.  

GM does not have a way of going to the DL3 power fold mirrors however for your truck as trucks built with DL8 mirrors don't have driver/passenger door modules in them.    

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/31/2020 at 1:14 PM, newdude said:

So your truck was built with the standard power small mirrors with heat option code DL8.  So you can get a set of those and plug them in no problems.  

GM does not have a way of going to the DL3 power fold mirrors however for your truck as trucks built with DL8 mirrors don't have driver/passenger door modules in them.    

Thanks for the info, its been a busy month so this got put on hold until now. So are all DL8 mirrors heated and all DL3 mirrors without heat?

28 minutes ago, joerado said:

Thanks for the info, its been a busy month so this got put on hold until now. So are all DL8 mirrors heated and all DL3 mirrors without heat?

DL8 have heat.  DL3 are heated, power fold, auto dimming and turn signals in the glass.  They would be what came on LTZ/SLT/Denali.