Putting a plow on a 1500

Was thinking on buying a new plow for my 15 1500. I'm a new Silverado owner so I'm not sure how these 1500 trucks can handle the workload. Any upgrades I can do to the suspension to maybe make it a little easier on the truck. Also, any recommendations on plow brand or size. Thanks

Yes, a leveling kit is necessary to keep the front end from sagging make sure you get the appropriate plow for your application. Depending on the brand will depend on the model, but you want a lightweight 7 and a half foot plow.

ATAu80D.jpg

3wBF9VK.jpg

4tnYegA.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Please consider if you're just a Neighborhood plow guy or a true business.

If it's for bigger lots you're front end is going to take a Beating.

ANd I recommend not a leveling kit for 1500 only 2500 up.

Because of this:

The plow blade rig center of mass is a distance from axle but distance to mount point on push plates I think Figures in.

Think about it simply.

1500 axle rating I don't know honestly. My 01 2500hd is roughly 4800 each axle

Now imagine side view, plow center mass point with line to push plates. That's going to pull as a vector meaning it will add torque to parts , IF it is not enough. Like I would recommend Meyer for you not Fisher because of long term wear and on tranny side

I have the 4l80e Actually got it replaced rebuilt all new internals Upgraded.

Stock one had 200k mileage.

It's heavier components for friction caused by load.

Don't forget ballast because as close to tailgate line tubes of sand or stacking salt or combo you gotta weigh pros cons

Put it this way I love the 2001 to 06 Chevy 2500hd with only the 6.0 LS.its got bench front crew. Heavy to core in this year. I've accidentally hit curbs with a lot of torque or snagged manholes or grates hitting the ceiling where my employees were supposed to mark lmao.

But in this business it's all on you ALWAYS.

If not doing much Definitely try to find a 6.0 Engine from that year change oil it'll last 400k

I can give advice personally from myself. I bought a Meyers home plow. I received the plow on time, it was easy to assemble and install, I did it myself. The plow has up and down electric power and manual or automatic angle. Snow cleans well, it is easy to work with it. About this, I received information from a neighbor who works wallworktruck, he suggested how to choose a plow.