In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Sign in to follow this  
dbs600

2020 Colorado Software & Navigation Questions & Concerns

Hello everyone,

Hope all is well.

1. My 2020 Colorado is running software version 805. I understand that software version 807 has been available for some time. When I connect the truck to WiFi and check for updates, it states ‘no updates available’; I’ve tried several times. How do I go get the latest software version (without having to go to the dealer)? And what is the latest software version anyway, 807 or 809?

2. The info display within the instrument cluster in front of the driver does not recall the last screen / page it was on upon shutdown upon the following startup. I have a 2019 of the same exact truck that does in fact recall the last screen. I like to keep it on Navigation, as it’s the most useful screen / page to me. What do I have to do to have the info display always recall the last screen it was on upon shutdown?

3. Upon startup of the truck, the radio is on, even though I turned if off upon shutdown. This should not be happening. The system should recall its last state. What gives? Note this does not relate to ‘maximum startup volume’, as this setting would simply limit the volume upon startup if you had the volume higher upon shutdown.

3. How to I have the truck stop keeping track of ‘last parked location’ under recents in the navigation system? If I were to be carjacked, I wouldn’t want thieves having this information. Yes, would be the least of my concerns, but I’d still rather not have the truck save this information unnecessarily, and I don’t understand why the factory would program it as a default.

Thank you very much.