Tire shine - yay or nay?

No way, I will never use that stuff.

Become a mechanic and you will truly hate that stuff in your day job. Plus it turns the tire brown if you stop using it all the time and or rub up against stuff with the tire.

• Like 1

Here's what I do on my show car:

I don't put shine on them per se. After cleaning them, I actually put Turtle Wax Ice spray detailer on a micro fiber towel and wipe the sidewalls.  It doesn't leave a shine but instead leaves them looking clean and black. The added benefit of this is that it also puts a layer of UV protection on the rubber. I've used this technique for the last 7 years with excellent results. 

Here's the stuff I use:  https://www.turtlewax.com/en-us/our-products/ice/turtle-wax-ice-spray-detailer/

• Like 1

That's a yes from me - I hate the look of a dry tire. But I don't normally go for a high shine. I spray and then buff after it has time to set with a tire applicator or microfiber rag. It still has a little shine but not too bright. Buffing also helps cut down on tire sling. Every product I use inside and out is from Chemical Guys. 

PXL_20200905_170817080.thumb.jpg.e87e5a502d8b7082258c82202dd5698a.jpg

Absolutely. I go get a car wash. Come home, put dressing on my tires, use chrome cleaner on my exhaust tip. Wipe water spots off my steps. 

This stuff works good!

TriNova Tire Shine Spray No Wipe - Automotive Clear Coat Dressing for Wet & Slick Finish - Keeps Tires Black - with Rubber Protector - Prevents Fading & Yellowing - 18 OZ https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01AB1WENI/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_ydUvFbD5THTRP