In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

GM Accessory Discounts

I've been researching exhaust options until I'm blue in the face and I don't think I'm any closer to a decision. I had the GMPP system on my K2 but I can't believe the markup on the T1 system if you go through the GM Accessary website or dealer. I've seen a code flying around for 20% off and I have around $200 worth of GM points after recently purchasing my T1. That would bring it down to around $1200 which is a far cry from around $1750 where it MSRPs. I know, I know, you get what you pay for. But when muffler-only options are so much cheaper, I'm torn. In my research through the Forum I see I missed an exhaust sale back in August. Any other GM deals y'all see floating around?

I just added a flow master 40,and taped off the screens on the end of the tailpipes and it sounds good enough for me...Cost me 250$ for the muffler to get installed....I just didn’t see the 1500$ difference in adding the “GM accessories exhaust” when my truck was brand new and just needed the muffler replaced for the sound...

I grabbed my GMPE when they were running the 15% off accessories last month. They had done 20% at one point this summer, but I couldn’t find any codes for that. 

I agree with you that the GMPE really only makes sense with a discount. Otherwise, just get the Borla for $1200 from Summit Racing. That’s what my backup was without the discount. 

5 minutes ago, gr8almty1 said:

I’m about to buy. What’s this reward thing about? Was this a special promotion or something I need to sign up for first?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's through the MyChevrolet app. You get points every month, points for service visits, and big points for purchasing a vehicle. You can cash them toward the purchase of a new vehicle or accessories. Pretty neat program.

Like @BluegrassMotorsport said, you get a bunch of points for enrolling when you buy a truck. There is a whole point schedule on their site. You earn points for all types of things.  I was talking to my dealer about it. Gonna put my $$$ towards some illuminated door sills at some point.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Gabe Polo
      Hello I'm having a problem with these headlight that I installed on my 2015 GMC Sierra. I install the newer Denali headlight the blinker light stay on and when I turn on the driver side blinker it flashes the high beams and stuff. I need some advice the harness I use was from GEN5 

• By customboss
      HD focused but could it dribble down to smaller trucks

https://propane.com/environment/podcast/episode-8-could-propane-be-the-new-diesel/
    • By Marts99Silverado
      Hello all, first and foremost thanks for your time to stop by and read and help if it applies to you. 

so I have a 99 Silverado with a 5.3 in it. Also I have a 04 Silverado that I recently acquired. The windshield washer reservoir was cracked on my 04. So I began to pull out the reservoir in my 99 to put in my 04. After I buttoned up everything. I was putting the 99 back together and once I hooked the battery up. I tried to start it. And I didn’t get anything other than “tic tic tic tic tic” like as if the battery was dead. I put my newer battery in it and still same thing. Do you guys have any idea on what could be causing this. Anything helps. Thanks so much 
    • By BDogg
      Sharing experience for your info and any ideas you might have.  My shiny new 2021 GMC Sierra Denali 3.0 Duramax Diesel with 4900 miles on it has been losing its mind.  I get multiple, rotating DIC messages: “Service ESC”, “Service Parking Brake”,  “Service ABS”, “Adaptive Cruise Control Disabled”,  “Steering Assist Reduced Drive with Care”, . . . ). The error messages come with other “benefits” besides disabled cruise control. I also enjoy no GPS signal, no Blind Spot sensors, no collision avoidance sensors, and who knows what else.   

Fortunately, the diagnostic codes were stored so the tech could see them, and I provided video of the DIC messages each time, too.  They are on their 4th attempt to repair it now.  First time, they replaced the Exhaust Particulate Matter Sensor (4025920) .  Second time, they tried the same thing and replaced the Exhaust Particulate Matter Sensor, again.  The 3rd time, they inspected the engine harness but found no damage so they replaced the pigtail to the  Exhaust Particulate Matter Sensor and followed an 8 hr rest cycle and road test protocol.  It worked for about 2 hours after I picked it up, then everything lit up again.   This (4th) time, they are saying they will replace the entire wiring harness per GM’s direction.   I do not want to use Florida’s Lemon Law, but I am starting the process just to be safe.

BTW, I’m also getting the “long-crank/no-start” issue.  They just applied the ECM update per TSB for this problem, so we’ll see if that worked when/if I get to keep the truck more than a couple hours between service appointments.

I was having issues with the passive locking feature where the truck locks the doors a few seconds after I get out with the key in my pocket.  It would not  work even when set to on.  Now that they did the Infotainment software update (V155) this seems to be fixed.

I’m still having false messages that the SD Card for the Navigation System has been removed when it has not been.  GM has a bulletin out so they know about this issue, but it appears there is no fix action on this one yet.

After looking up each code listed on the repair orders (RO’s), I believe the main harness is a very likely cause of all the DIC error messages and system failures.  Otherwise, all those modules and sensors involved have gone bad simultaneously.  I suppose a power surge of some kind could do that, but then it seems the modules would not work fine in the short time between repairs.

Here are the codes the tech reported on the last two Repair Orders (bold codes where noted on both RO’s):

2/5/22:
      B1A01
      Speaker 1 General Electric Failure
      B395B
      Side View Camera Left
      P1488
      Particulate Matter Sensor Protection Tube Performance
      U0020
      Low Speed CAN Bus
      U0022
      Low Speed CAN Communication Bus (+) Low
      U0077
      Control Module Communication Chassis Expansion CAN Bus
      U0121
      Lost Communication with Electronic Brake Control Module
      U0151
      Lost Communication with Inflatable Restraint Sensing and Diagnostic Module
      U0155
      Lost Communication with Instrument Panel Cluster Control Module
      U0184
      Lost Communication with Radio Unit
      U0415
      Invalid Data Received From Electronic Brake Control Module
      U0422
      Invalid Data Received From Anti-Lock Brake System Control Module

2/10/22:
      B0967
      Parking Aid On/Off Switch Circuit Short to Ground
      B1AO1
      Speaker 1 General Electric Failure
      P1488
      Particulate Matter Sensor Protection Tube Performance
      U0077
      Control Module Communication Chassis Expansion CAN Bus
      U0121
      Lost Communication with Electronic Brake Control Module
      U0131
      Lost Communication with Power Steering Control Module
      U0151
      Lost Communication with Inflatable Restraint Sensing and Diagnostic Module
      U0184
      Lost Communication with Radio Unit
      U0415
      Invalid Data Received From Electronic Brake Control Module
      U0421
      Invalid Data Received From Suspension Control Module
      U0422
      Invalid Data Received From Anti-Lock Brake System Control Module

• By dvzzz
      These are 1 month old all-weather liners from the 2020 Tahoe in black color. Genuine GM OEM products offer precise fit and high quality finish. We have traded the car for 22 and did not get to use the liners. They cover first and second row. 

I was told they fit 2015-2020 Tahoes and Yukons and even Escalades
      First row- GM part # 84185470
      Second row - GM part # 23237406

My price is $90 + actual shipping. 

I have paid $260 for them. My loss is your gain. 

Tahoe, Suburban, Yukon