In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Faulty Trans Fluid Temp Sensor Special Coverage

So if I'm understanding this right, all 8 speeds '15-'18 should have the 2 piece harness from the factory, unless it was previously replaced during the time period a few yrs back when GM was using the 1 piece replacement harness?

• 2 months later...

So my 5.3 is doing this and has been for awhile. Scheduled this with dealership and was told it needed a trans flush. At the time it wasn’t throwing any codes and it was close to original factory powertrain warranty. After reading this post that I just found I believe they knew exactly what was wrong and decided to turn the other cheek because it was close to the end of warranty. Does anyone know if the have changed their stance to include the 5.3 ? I’m thinking it might be time to contact my lawyer and see if a class action suit might be in order.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone had any luck getting the Transmission Sensor covered on a 2015?

I have a 2015 Silverado 6.2 8 speed LTZ with 71,000 miles. The transmission sensor has just started to fail and is turning on the check engine light. My dealer quoted $1392.66 for the repair.

It looks like the 2016's are covered in the N192291660 special coverage, and there are TSB's for the 2017's. 

I have a case open with Chevrolet.

• 2 months later...
On 9/19/2020 at 8:31 AM, martha3065 said:
On 9/18/2020 at 11:42 PM, 16sierra said:
FYI for anyone reading this thread, this only applies to the 6.2L + 8 speed. No luck on the 5.3L + 8 speed.

WTF? They must have used different sensors and harnesses in those attached to a 5.3, or the torque of the 6.2 causes problems in these electronic parts (LOL). Those with the 5.3 have the same issue. SMDH.

They do cover the silverado 5.3 8 speed. Going in tomorow

On 1/14/2021 at 2:42 PM, CaptStoots said:

Has anyone with a 5.3lt truck successfully gotten this special coverage applied outside of an extended warranty? It boggles my mind how only the 6.2 is covered while the 5.3 has the same 8 speed transmission and obviously has the same issues.

Going in tommorow 2016 silv ltz  8spd.   Said it was covered