In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

2019-2020 1500 front chrome skid plate

I am having a hard time finding info on this but I have been looking for a chrome front "skid plate" that comes on the Ltz and high country.  I have an LT and im not sure if I can just buy the chrome piece and slap it right on to my front lower cover or will I have to replace that as well.   Anyone done this? or know if the front bumper on the higher ends is notched out for the chrome or what?

https://www.gmpartscenter.net/oem-parts/gm-skid-plate-84176756

this is part I'm looking for but I cant find out if i need the black plastic piece that it attaches to or will it work with the LT plastic piece?

EagleRising I think the one you sent is for the old body style silverado.  I think 2019 had some of old body style and new style.

9 hours ago, andrewb24 said:

https://www.gmpartscenter.net/oem-parts/gm-skid-plate-84176756

this is part I'm looking for but I cant find out if i need the black plastic piece that it attaches to or will it work with the LT plastic piece?

EagleRising I think the one you sent is for the old body style silverado.  I think 2019 had some of old body style and new style.

Black part that’s attached to the bumper (Lower Valance) will have to be replaced to be compatible for the chrome skid plate. I did the swap about a month ago and it’s worth it.

parts needed to do is the chrome skid plate and the lower valance 

Skid plate is 84176756

and lower valance is 84219073

not sure what’s the different from the others so ordered this one and it worked perfectly keep in mind the valance has a $75 Core charge so you can pay for it or get it refunded with the old one

4EF3FD8C-1CC2-4FAD-8022-50FE556373A8.png

• Like 1
  • 4 months later...