Truck Tool Box for Carbon Pro

Hey all!

I just recently purchased an AT4 Carbon Pro.  So far, I'm loving it!  

This evening I tried to install a truck bed tool box.  The box has your typical j-screws that contact the flat lip on the underside of the truck bed...only problem is, on the Carbon Pro, the underside of the bed liner is convex!  Also, with the slippery-ness of the material, there's just nothing for the end of the j-screw to bite into.

Any other Carbon Pro owners out there have a no-drill solution for this?  And if my only path is "drill baby drill" any advice?

Thanks in advance!

• 3 months later...

I've asked these Access guys about a shorter 90 degree rail that the Weather Guard mounting clamps could bite on to.  In the video below you'll see you don't have to drill into the bed, but just the top liner.  Then there are pre made holes to fix brackets to mount a rail.  Seems like one of these cover manafacturers would be interested in adding that to their accessories to mount a tool box.  Alot of good info in the tonneau topic below as well.

WeatherGuard said they don't have anything available for the carbonpro bed.

Access video

Install rail for Tonneau cover

https://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/226761-tonneau-cover-for-carbonpro/

• 1 month later...

I think i'm going to take the approach of the Access video using the clips below to attach some U channel bar for the Weather Guard clamp to bite onto.  Instead of the bed lenght rail that the tonneau covers use, it will be about 18-20" of U channel bar on the inside of the bed rail.  Anyone done this yet?

Access video

Install rail for Tonneau cover

Clips