Anyone have a flapper for a 6.2 they want to get rid of?

I don’t know if the flappers are the same 5.3 and 6.2, but had my muffler removed and told them to keep both flappers in and instead now I have 1 flapper upstream and drone. Guy was adamant the truck only had 1. 

anyone want to get rid of 1? I’m in GA, a closer location would be preferred for cheaper shipping 

7 hours ago, SIK67SS said:

I don’t know if the flappers are the same 5.3 and 6.2, but had my muffler removed and told them to keep both flappers in and instead now I have 1 flapper upstream and drone. Guy was adamant the truck only had 1. 

anyone want to get rid of 1? I’m in GA, a closer location would be preferred for cheaper shipping 

Mine only had 1 flapper.

6 hours ago, Rob Mugs said:

He might have been adamant because there is only 1?

Just crawled under my 2020 6.2 and there's one JUST after the muffler

thank you and damn..I wonder why GM keeps changing the systems on these  trucks?

Guess I should've looked instead of going off 2019 owners posts then lol. Definitely DO NOT remove the muffler on the trucks. Bad drone, and sounds like a boat exhaust at idle. It sounds good on the outside, but not when it bleeds into the cabin something fierce. Looks like GMPE here I come

Not to hijack the thread and I know this is a 2019/2020 forum but I just got the GM Performance catback exhaust on my 2017 with 6.2 and  looks and sounds really nice. Highly recommend it.  Not obnoxiously loud but not stock sounding either.  For what it's worth it has just one flapper before the muffler.  But I have AFM turned off so doesn't really matter to me.

My 2020 AT4 6.2L had 2 flappers, one before and one after the muffler, I know for sure because I did the work myself. Sorry I don't have them anymore, but with a good muffler, you don't need any flappers. I put on the GM performance system and sounds great.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

13 hours ago, SIK67SS said:

Guess I should've looked instead of going off 2019 owners posts then lol. Definitely DO NOT remove the muffler on the trucks. Bad drone, and sounds like a boat exhaust at idle. It sounds good on the outside, but not when it bleeds into the cabin something fierce. Looks like GMPE here I come

I had my muffler removed also, it is loud and a lot drone. I have been driving around in L9 because it is terrible when it starts dropping cylinders. I think the flapper is what makes it sound like a helicopter

I think the guys with one flapper on their T1 6.2s might’ve been fed a line of BS from their salesperson when purchasing haha! Go pop the hood and see if it’s really a 6.2  because it might actually be a 5.3 you got.

Next we will have posts like “my 6.2 has a 5.3 in it” haha!

Edited by EricTheRed