Ready Lift 2” SST vs. 1.75” Level AT4

cnet24

Looking to get a level kit installed in my AT4 and narrowed down to these two kits. I’m leaning towards the 1.75” kit with new UCAs as that seems like it will make my truck almost perfectly level. Besides the 1” rear spacer in the SST kit, is there any difference between the two kits? Leaning away from the SST to avoid rake.

The 1.75” level kit states max tire size for AT4s is 275... Has anyone been able to run 295 size without issue? Pics appreciated.

• Like 1

Perfectly level will appear nose high from a side view and rake is good for you know, truck stuff, things the truck was purchased for... Getting new UCA's is good since you will be stacking leveling kits, so anything to help the front end over the long term will help. 

Look around the different leveled trail boss/at4 threads (there are a ton of them) and you will be able to figure out what size you can safely run. I have seen some mention a 295/70/18 with just a level and no rubbing, but that is what searching and reading threads is for as it all depends on tire, exact level, situation, etc. What might not rub on the street or pulling in to a driveway might rub at full flex off road. 

Tyler

Thanks @amxguy1970, I've read many of those threads but it often leads to more questions than answers. The only constant is the push for new UCA's on this style, which has pushed me to the two options mentioned in the topic.

FYI- I called Ready Lift today and they seemed to be very CYA with their answers in regards to the questions in my OP. I'm hoping the shop that installs for me is a little more open and will provide better guidance. Seems to be a ton of unknowns in lifting or levelling these vehicles. 

I was goin to go this route but have heard u cannot use auto 4 wheel drive with the ready lift system! Think I’m going the bds lift route!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
True, adding a leveling kit to an AT4 is same as stacking on a regular truck.

I may order the 1.75 from ready lift and just use the UCA and 0.75 lower spacer. Ill still have some rake but it'll look a bit better.

Sent from my SM-N975W using Tapatalk

21 minutes ago, WACKEM_G said:

I was goin to go this route but have heard u cannot use auto 4 wheel drive with the ready lift system! Think I’m going the bds lift route!

I have not seen that. Where did you get that info?

If you pull up the kits directly on the ReadyLift site, expand the Details and it will say it but only on the 2” lift.

Ready lift was saying not to use it...

People are forgetting this truck is already lifted a small amount.

• Like 1

Ready lift was saying not to use it...

People are forgetting this truck is already lifted a small amount.

Yes very true but for some reason they don’t say the same for the 1.75” lift. Here’s ReadyLift’s response on their site. The 2” lift is slightly higher in the front but adds an additional 1” in the rear so not sure what makes it more prone to issues.
0c5401ed81844fd1ba12cd96f0113678.jpg

The problem is the torque difference when you start to drop the CVDs, theres a cool video I came across on YouTube that shows the physics.

Ideally you want a CV shaft to be as in line as possible. The more you raise the front without correcting the angle (BDS drops the differtial to keep near stock angles) the CV will experience more stress and wear

• Like 1

The problem is the torque difference when you start to drop the CVDs, theres a cool video I came across on YouTube that shows the physics.

Ideally you want a CV shaft to be as in line as possible. The more you raise the front without correcting the angle (BDS drops the differtial to keep near stock angles) the CV will experience more stress and wear

I’ve never had a vehicle with auto 4wd and didn’t plan on using it much anyways. I’ve typically had trucks with just the normal 4wd so I guess it should be fine putting it in 4wd manually when I need it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/21/2020 at 2:54 PM, AdamAT4 said:

True, adding a leveling kit to an AT4 is same as stacking on a regular truck.

I may order the 1.75 from ready lift and just use the UCA and 0.75 lower spacer. Ill still have some rake but it'll look a bit better.

Did you ever go through with this? I'm leaning towards doing the same. Want slightly larger tires on stock 20" rims, use the truck for truck stuff at times, but also want it to look a little more level.

Not yet, but being in Canada the BDS coilover 2.5" is nearly $6k and a camburg kit is about the same so ill be going this route.

I haven't yet as I've been doing other little things like my interior wrap and lighting etc... i ended up having some house issues that dipped into my wheel/ tire combo. Being that its now winter and I need my winter wheels ill be installing it in the spring