In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Sign in to follow this  
6.2_Denali

35s or 37s on 17 Denali with 6.2

21 minutes ago, Frankielozano214 said:

Go for it!!!

E4333AE7-8ABB-4CE1-8576-5C86B56E6CC4.jpeg

25E9DAF9-B5DD-4740-A1DD-B495DA080B75.jpeg

See that looks awesome man! Do you have the 5.3 or the 6.2? Stock gears? Any regrets or advice?! 

I got 5.3 6speed 2WD 3.52gears Haven’t regeared (YET) I’ve gotta tune, I did the afm delete with non afm cam, Ls7 lifters and S&B intake haven’t put my exhaust on yet. It drives good man i just wanna regearing it so I can take off faster ? 

Edited by Frankielozano214

No regrets bro
19243ab0dee3b295995a09f635a772e5.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Frankielozano214 said:

No regrets bro

7 minutes ago, dieselfan1 said:

19243ab0dee3b295995a09f635a772e5.jpg

Thanks guys, pretty sure I know what I wanna do now 

• Like 1

Your welcome

When can expect pics?

FYI 6.2,

Everything you need to do your lift is on major backorder.

McGaughys is a month to six weeks out. You need UCA'S to go 9" also. Shop around. Cognito, Kryptonite are top shelf. Bolt on easily replaceable ball joints. McGaughys have pressed in ball joints.

Even tires are hard to get.

A lot of wheels come from China so guess what? I suggest you take a look at Custom Offsets www. I ordered everything from them except the UCA'S. I went with Kryptonite from Alligator Performance.

Plan on getting your lift done in November.

Edited by dieselfan1

17 hours ago, Frankielozano214 said:

I got 5.3 6speed 2WD 3.52gears Haven’t regeared (YET) I’ve gotta tune, I did the afm delete with non afm cam, Ls7 lifters and S&B intake haven’t put my exhaust on yet. It drives good man i just wanna regearing it so I can take off faster ? 

How much is a gear upgrade?

2 hours ago, Denaligrift said:

Damn that's nice! How big are those rims?

24x14 negative 76

tires are rbp 37s 13.5 24 the are pretty flush, not that stretched look like they do when you put 35s on ? 

Edited by Frankielozano214

2 hours ago, Denaligrift said:

How much is a gear upgrade?

****** I haven’t got it priced yet but hear from 1500$ to 2500$ price range over here in DFW area

Everything he's says is true.
However I'm running a 2018 Crew cab standard bed on a McGaughys set at 9 on 37's with a 5.3 6spd. 3.42 gear. Superchips Flashpaq F5 tuner. 92 octane tune. Borla catback exhaust.
It's not as bad as everyone says. It gets down the road just fine. 15-16 mpg all day long on regular two lane 55-60 mph hwys. I tow a 3000 lb 6x12 a lot too. No prob. Just give it more gas. 
Even with your 3.23 gears your 6.2 should have enough balls to get you down the road on 37's no problem. 

Just having enough balls to move you down the road will not be enough, having a 6.2 with just a 4.5”-5” lift and larger heavier 33.5” tires does impact acceleration, braking and maneuverability, couldn’t imagine what a 7” with 35”-37” would do without re-gearing and tuning, it’s definitely going to be very noticeable and obviously somewhat dangerous as acceleration and definitely braking will play a very large roll in daily driving, especially normal/daily maneuverability.

Accessing older parking garages was my #1 reason for my lift height which will definitely play a big roll as your only vehicle. Towing, which is doable will require re-gearing in order to satisfy the massive power loss with that much tire weight.

There are plenty of people with larger lifts that don’t care that if all these are reduced, they just want the look. I tuned my 6.2 and noticed a substantial difference in acceleration and mpg’s.

IMHO, Anything over 6” will definitely require tuning and re-gearing, possible leaf spring package and performance shocks, upgraded braking. Custom rear air bags come to my mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, TXGREEK said:

Just having enough balls to move you down the road will not be enough, having a 6.2 with just a 4.5”-5” lift and larger heavier 33.5” tires does impact acceleration, braking and maneuverability, couldn’t imagine what a 7” with 35”-37” would do without re-gearing and tuning, it’s definitely going to be very noticeable and obviously somewhat dangerous as acceleration and definitely braking will play a very large roll in daily driving, especially normal/daily maneuverability.

Accessing older parking garages was my #1 reason for my lift height which will definitely play a big roll as your only vehicle. Towing, which is doable will require re-gearing in order to satisfy the massive power loss with that much tire weight.

There are plenty of people with larger lifts that don’t care that if all these are reduced, they just want the look. I tuned my 6.2 and noticed a substantial difference in acceleration and mpg’s.

IMHO, Anything over 6” will definitely require tuning and re-gearing, possible leaf spring package and performance shocks, upgraded braking. Custom rear air bags come to my mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mines fit in this garage but felt like I was gonna hit the roof didn’t even get to go all the way in because it had signs hanging down ? talk about scary!!!!

59E929EE-4DC0-4D58-B9DE-CB36D8ACBF10.thumb.jpeg.d0416c69aeb79f9fd58aca584bd2582a.jpeg

354E8AF0-E21C-4909-9A6C-A9D560FFA088.thumb.jpeg.4ecee2de8ec08d54e4e28ec714f73c97.jpeg

8D1EDD40-1258-447C-936C-53D64585301C.thumb.jpeg.ace10c6ad81aa6fda827f92ce29de82f.jpeg

• Like 1