Cruise doesn't work, no brake light switch or harness

I recently purchased a used 2013 Silverado and I'm having a few problems with it. 

The light for cruise control comes on but doesn't actually work. I googled the issue and everyone says to replace the brake light switch so I went on amazon and ordered one. 

But when I went to install it I found there was no switch and no harness. The bolt and clip that secure it to the pedal are present but the switch was taken off. Instead all I have are these wires hanging out by my feet. 

It's odd and I'm hoping one of y'all could clue me in on what these wires are for. I'm not sure if they're actually even for the brake light switch. 

Thanks

Screenshot_20200922-002006.png

Screenshot_20200922-002937.png

PXL_20200922_050352269.jpg

I am going to say that there use to be a trailer brake installed, and was removed.  those are the wires.  i bet you dont have brake lights either.

i cant find a wiring diagram either thats color coded to help - sorry

right around the 40 second mark in this video, you can see the wires

Edited by Bleepster

Someone cut the switch out. Std gm setup has the switch controlling brake lights (1 pair of wires , normally open, routed thru relay) and cruise control (other pair of wires). The cruise circuit might be normally open or closed depending I the engineers creativity that day of design.

• 1 year later...
On 9/24/2020 at 2:45 PM, Bleepster said:

I am going to say that there use to be a trailer brake installed, and was removed.  those are the wires.  i bet you dont have brake lights either.

i cant find a wiring diagram either thats color coded to help - sorry

right around the 40 second mark in this video, you can see the wires

image.png.c2e2ea7ff787d82d2f4fb87af4942efa.png

From what Ive seen none of the trucks with the black brake light switch have this white switch and vise versa. My truck doesnt even have a receiver hitch, just a ball on the bumper

• Like 1