Tailgate Seamseal BREAK

Hello Everyone, 

Always had a problem with my tailgate, most off the time it would take 2 clicks to allow the tailgate to come down, while at a outdoor class, i noticed this (picture). Haven't seen this yet on my truck. The crack is on the drivers side. I checked the passenger side and it looks normal.

Going to call the dealer and see what will happen. They will at least replace the shell but hopefully the entire tailgate. 

IMG_4941.jpg

IMG_4942.jpg

Called and made an appointment for Wednesday. Hopefully they see it and immediately order a new one. Hope it does not take too long to get one in stock. i also might just stop by after work today to get it on order sooner. It still functions as a tailgate but want to be whole again.

Edited by BlancoSilverado

Ok, sorry for the later update, dealer had a tailgate in stock (that's kinda odd). They have to send out to a local body shop and have it painted to match the truck. The tailgate comes primed only to the dealer. I also pointed out that my tailgate doesn't always go down on the first click and they are going to replace the driver side latch(need to order). They gave me the shop info, that they are sending it to, on yelp and google reviews seems that they are pricing but only one person complained about quality was early 2019. Hopefully I wont be the second. 2 weeks and it should be on the truck, they are allowing me to take the badges off and keep them.