ARH + Corsa Sport is too much! Swap for Touring?

I have a 2017 Sierra Denali 6.2L and threw on a Magnuson TVS1900 supercharger.  I originally ran this with just the Corsa Sport exhaust and it sounded great and the sound level was reasonable.  It was loud when I hammered on it, not bad when I was cruising.  But then I installed American Racing off-road headers and it is ridiculous.  It sounds great, but really its just too loud for daily driving use.  I think if I swap to the Corsa Touring muffler it would be quiet enough but still sound good and would keep the throaty sound you get from the headers.  But I can't find a touring muffler for sale without having to buy the whole exhaust.  

Does anyone know how I can get just the touring muffler?  Or any other suggestions to tame this beast down a bit?  I really don't want to cut up my beautiful Corsa exhaust so I'm looking for a solution that I can bolt in without cutting any part of the original Corsa system.  

No, you cant just buy a touring muffler. If you want it quieter buy the gm performance exhaust (that is the touring muffler). Or you can had a resonator before the muffler, which essentially makes it a touring muffler (according to Corsa). But, if your a crew cab short box there's too many bends to just put one in, you'd have to get an exhaust shop to make you modified one. 

When it comes down to it, you either have to cut it up (add resonators/mufflers) or buy a new cat back.

Edited by M1ck3y

Thanks guys!  I do have a crew cab short box...so I agree there are too many bends to fit a resonator in there.  I did think about welding the stock resonator back in place, but I didn't want to cut that section of the corsa to do it and later find out it didn't really get me to the sound I wanted. 

Maybe you could take the tip off and temporarily attach the resonator in its place? Wont be exactly the same but might give you an idea on sound.

*Edit*

I'm not sure about your stock exhaust but mine goes from 3 1/2 to 3. I bought a race muffler (borla 40004s) for this same purpose. Overall its 13 inches, muffler body is 8x5 inches and looks like it will just fit in that same location on the corsa. No idea what it sounds like yet, or if it will make that much of a difference. 

Edited by M1ck3y

5 hours ago, 3tspapat said:

I have a crew cab short box and was able to fit a resonator before the muffler. 

Do you have a picture?

I know on my 6.2 I cant picture how it would work because the pipe starts to bend right off the muffler. Maybe your 5.3 has a straight section.

• 2 weeks later...
Sorry guys totally dropped the ball! H ere is a couple of pix. Fit it in  at end of the intermid pipe, just before the Borla GMPP mulffler with flapper.
image1.thumb.jpeg.1019c8db64a7e5cee899be9b14a1b304.jpeg
image0.thumb.jpeg.01a75ab2d38a056cb508fd511fc0aaf2.jpeg

Wish that placement was an option for those running corsa. The muffler is much longer. Probably going to have to put it after the muffler where the stock resonator is and weld it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro