2020 Sierra 1500 stock - bigger tires wanted, advice please!

2020 Sierra 1500. Stock suspension/no lift. 

My first foray into the world of 20 inch wheels and tires.

The truck came with Bridgestone Alenza 275/60/R20. Not a bad looking tire, but I think I'd like something a wee bit taller and all terrain. What options do I have to keep the stock wheels but get a taller tire and not have to cut/modify the wheel well housing? Extra points for attaching pics of your tires!

Thanks in advance for your help!

Daryl 

Your not gonna have a lot of options without a level or doing the fender support removal.  The gmc fender wheel is narrower than the Chevy and previous years. 

I am running 286/65/20 bfg at’s with both of the aforementioned mods and still rub. 

1 hour ago, rikhek said:

It's about time somebody asked this question!!!  Oh wait, never mind, I forgot it's been asked/discussed ad nauseam in over 5,000 different threads...

My apologies, forum police! I thought this was a forum thread to ask questions and get advice on modifications to our trucks.

I tried using the search bar function (biggest stock tire, stock suspension, stock tire replacement, etc) with no luck. So if you have a better idea on how to search for an answer then please share. Or if you have something constructive or informative then please share that. Otherwise, you're just being a keyboard troll and I invite you to save your comments for something you might have knowledge of. 

1 hour ago, Daryl Casey said:

Or if you have something constructive or informative then please share that.

Perform your own mock up to see what works best for you.

https://tiresize.com/calculator/

I say this due to the fact that 7 of 8 peeps on the interwebs don't know the difference between ' & " and in no way would I trust them to be proficient.

ie. 

Measure with a micrometer

Mark with chalk

Cut with an axe. 

LOL

Edited by It's Tim

On 9/30/2020 at 1:01 PM, Daryl Casey said:

My apologies, forum police! I thought this was a forum thread to ask questions and get advice on modifications to our trucks.

I tried using the search bar function (biggest stock tire, stock suspension, stock tire replacement, etc) with no luck. So if you have a better idea on how to search for an answer then please share. Or if you have something constructive or informative then please share that. Otherwise, you're just being a keyboard troll and I invite you to save your comments for something you might have knowledge of. 

Don't be so lazy.  Search through the threads we've worked hard creating and populating for people like you.  We shouldn't have to do your homework for you, especially considering we've already done the work.  If Search engine is lacking then go through the threads one-by-one like the rest of us.

• Haha 1