17 HD tranny leak only 28,000 miles!

Just turned 28,000 miles on my HD and the front pump seal is leaking pretty good. (I hope) that it’s not a weld on the torque converter. If so I’m sure the dealer will not pressure check the converter.   It’s going in for warranty repair on Monday.

anyone else’s have this happen?  

On another note, I just replaced my fuse block so my horn would work again. GMs idea of integrating the horn relay within the block wasn’t a great engineering milestone for sure.  

On 10/2/2020 at 4:59 AM, gearheadesw said:

Yikes, keep us informed. Approaching 60K on my '17, have done 2 pan drops to change out the old fluid, nothing special, still no leaks, thankfully, please keep us in the loop.

I am bringing it in for my appointment tomorrow.. I’ll post back after I get some miles on it. I’m hopeful it’s just a bad seal that may have been damaged during assembly. It’s not common for newer trucks to have a leak there. 

My passenger side rear axle sprung a bad leak at 1500 miles so anything is possible I guess. 

Edited by Midnight Black
  • Like 1

Could be worse I guess at least it’s drivable. 

I cleaned it up and took it for a 90 mile drive and now it’s staying dry....... 

update... took a quick 3 mile ride and it’s leaking pretty good again ?‍♂️

Edited by Midnight Black
  • Like 1

On 10/10/2020 at 6:21 PM, gearheadesw said:

Bummer.

Bummer.   ?

They'll get it, sooner or later someone in the dealership that has worked on trucks for more the a year, i.e., someone with experience, will look at it and fix it right away.

I opened up a case with GM corporate about my tranny. A service advisor called me back last night and she was a real bimbo. She told me to bring it to a non-GM repair facility and get a second opinion and pay for it out of pocket. She repeatedly told me I am out of warranty, I told her I’m still under the drivetrain warranty for another 31000 miles or 1.3 years. UNREAL. 

Well  today I fixed my GM warranty issue. Wish me luck! 

CDA63EB8-34D5-4543-9105-1F5CE83F6AB5.jpeg

B8DE3221-448A-4589-8D25-CE5CE3D2FB2F.jpeg

• Like 3