High Country cluster upgrade on Custom Trail Boss

Hello. I’m new to this so any help would be appreciated. I have a 2019 Silverado Custom Trail Boss. I recently saw someone on social media who upgraded the entire interior of their Custom Trail Boss with High Country interior. My main question is about how I go about putting a new High Country cluster in my custom trail boss. I’ll also need the upgraded steering wheel with the buttons on the right side to toggle through the screen. Do I need to get it programmed to work? If so, where can I get that done? Any information on this topic will help me a lot because I can’t seem to find much information anywhere on the internet. Thank you very much for your time. I appreciate your input.

7E2FB390-D218-46BF-BB94-63A2EBFB4DFA.jpeg

5 hours ago, JRTJ54 said:

I buy it and send it where? And no I don’t have the steering wheel controls so I’d have to buy that as well.

Here is the FAQ on white autos site. Once you make the purchase they send you an address where you can send the cluster. You can also have them supply the cluster. 

FAQ:

Q: How does this work?
A: You can choose to have us supply the 100% correct OEM Brand New cluster by using the drop downs above OR you may choose to source a new or used cluster. If you choose to go the used route you first figure out your application (E.G. Gas US Spec and model year) and using the parts list below you source the appropriate cluster (new or used). If you wish to have 100% OEM functionality AND retain your factory or factory backed extended warranty you MUST use the same model year cluster as your truck. You then place an order and follow the shipping instructions provided.  Upon return simply plug the unit in and you’ll be golden; yes it’s really that simple.

Q: Can you do this for Export (Metric clusters)?
A: Yes we can and we can supply them as well via the drop down.

Q: Will I lose any features?
A: No you should not lose any features that you had before.

Q: Will I gain any features?
A: You may gain some features as the Denali/High Country clusters have slightly different menus. We can also enable things you have added such as indicators for front park assist or the Navigation menu if you have added factory navigation which is why we ask for those of you with the IOS radio. If you have added FACTORY options that your truck didn’t have please put what you have added in the notes section.

Q: Can you delete warning indicators for items I may have removed from the Vehicle??
A: Yes we can, this would all be custom and priced as such, contact us for details.

Q: What is the HUD Retrofit Option?
A: This enables the unit to drive a heads up display. Yes it can be installed no we do not provide support for that end of it but you should reach out to HarnessDr.com for wiring harness info to make that switch. If you have forward collision alert and are not 110% set on doing the HUD upgrade we recommend you do NOT choose this option as it will disable the LED Forward Collision Alert indicator.

Q: What is the Odometer Lock Option?
A: The Odometer lock  option removes the odometer hard lock from a cluster that has been tampered with or improperly installed/programmed (Odometer Showing ——).

Q: What about my engine hours?
A: Generally these are reset to zero. These are not required at a federal or state level however if you wish to keep them we need a print out from a dealership using GDS2 software. They can print a report showing your vin as well as idle and total hours.

Q: Do I need steering wheel controls to use this cluster?
A: Yes you need factory (or properly retrofit) steering wheel controls to interact with the menus on these units

Q: I opted for a brand new cluster and my MPG/Range at install is WAY off is that normal?
A: Completely Normal! The new cluster has no baseline yet. You should start to see it normalize (or be close to completely normal) after one full tank of fuel has been consumed and the vehicle filled up. The remote app may take longer to normalize as it uses a “lifetime” MPG reading.

Q: Do I need to send in my factory cluster?
A. No, we only need you to send the Denali cluster you are sourcing (if you are choosing to supply it)

Compatible Part Numbers for Customer Sourced Clusters:

2019 Denali Style – US Spec GAS

2019 Denali Style – Export (Canadian/KMH) Spec GAS

2019 High Country Style – US Spec GAS

2019 High Country Style – Export (Canadian/KMH) Spec GAS

2020 Denali Style – US Spec GAS

2020 Denali Style – US Spec DIESEL

2020 Denali Style – Export (Canadian/KMH) Spec GAS

2020 Denali Style – Export (Canadian/KMH) Spec DIESEL

2020 High Country Style – US Spec GAS

2020 High Country Style – US Spec DIESEL

2020 High Country Style – Export (Canadian/KMH) Spec GAS

2020 High Country Style – Export (Canadian/KMH) Spec DIESEL

If Your truck does not have steering wheel control that work work from the factory this High country cluster wont work. I jumped the gun and purchased all the stuff to convert mine. I had WAMS program the cluster to include swapping to a nice leather wrapped steering wheel. When i installed it all the buttons on the steering wheel to control the cluster did not work. I was not able to access the menus to change any info. I must say that its super cool to have the cluster with all the fancy gauges. i ran it for about 5000 mile before i put old one back in. At this point I am waiting for someone to add the correct harness to upgrade it fully. Hope this helps.

3 hours ago, Zelas said:

If Your truck does not have steering wheel control that work work from the factory this High country cluster wont work. I jumped the gun and purchased all the stuff to convert mine. I had WAMS program the cluster to include swapping to a nice leather wrapped steering wheel. When i installed it all the buttons on the steering wheel to control the cluster did not work. I was not able to access the menus to change any info. I must say that its super cool to have the cluster with all the fancy gauges. i ran it for about 5000 mile before i put old one back in. At this point I am waiting for someone to add the correct harness to upgrade it fully. Hope this helps.

May I ask where you got your cluster and where you got your steering wheel? I was told I had to get the same year cluster as my truck which is fine. Someone who already had their interior fully done and has everything working told me that to get the steering wheel controls to work, he called a gm electrical trainer to figure it out.

• Like 1

May I ask where you got your cluster and where you got your steering wheel? I was told I had to get the same year cluster as my truck which is fine. Someone who already had their interior fully done and has everything working told me that to get the steering wheel controls to work, he called a gm electrical trainer to figure it out.

I got everything from a donor truck on car-part .com they always have wrecks with no miles on them wit good like new parts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you have WAMs program it and was it out of the same year vehicle as your truck? 

Yes it was and yes WAMs programmed it. There fantastic to work with.

This is a stupid questing, but does it just automatically update the mileage when you plug it in?

Yes, the mileage is stored somewhere else. The hours is the only thing that’s affected.

9 minutes ago, Zelas said:

Yes, the mileage is stored somewhere else. The hours is the only thing that’s affected.

Ok great, so it would just reset the hours? 

Also, this doesnt affect any warranties, correct?

Edited by 2020SilveradoCC

No, as long as you use the the same year. I took mine to the dealer to get Warranty work and they were more impressed that I had it installed