2020 AT4 - 2.5" BDS Lift & Fox Shocks

On 10/5/2020 at 12:09 AM, Jgreene11 said:

Post pics please! Would love to see this. 

Sorry it's been quite a while since I posted. Was out for a couple months with a health issue?
My shop ended up raising my coilovers to a little over 6" and put a bigger block in the rear in order to gain the clearance for my 35's. I measure it at about 7" overall. I feel it's too tall now and my 5 foot wife plays heck trying to crawl up in it. 
Went by the shop today and discussed with the guy and the decision was made to drop back down to a 33/12.5/20 so that it can be lowered back down. My goal was to have my AT4 raised a few inches over the stock 2" and put bigger tires. For whatever reason my particular truck needs to be raised more than I want to in order to fit 35's. So now the goal is to bring her back to around 4" overall and go with 33/12.5/20's. I'll post a few pics in a week or so when it's complete. 

Jim

4 hours ago, JimZRyd said:

Sorry it's been quite a while since I posted. Was out for a couple months with a health issue?
My shop ended up raising my coilovers to a little over 6" and put a bigger block in the rear in order to gain the clearance for my 35's. I measure it at about 7" overall. I feel it's too tall now and my 5 foot wife plays heck trying to crawl up in it. 
Went by the shop today and discussed with the guy and the decision was made to drop back down to a 33/12.5/20 so that it can be lowered back down. My goal was to have my AT4 raised a few inches over the stock 2" and put bigger tires. For whatever reason my particular truck needs to be raised more than I want to in order to fit 35's. So now the goal is to bring her back to around 4" overall and go with 33/12.5/20's. I'll post a few pics in a week or so when it's complete. 

Jim

I have BDS 2.5" lift - looking to got to same 33/12.5/18 - still on OEM 275/65/18 now - looking forward to seeing how those fit when you are done and how much trimming is required.   Should be a good all around set up. 

I am having my 2.5” BDS lift installed Friday on my AT4. My plan is to run 295/70/18 Nitto Ridge Grapplers. Wheel is method NV 305 with 0 offset. Hoping it all fits with just some minor trimming. I’ll post some pics once completed. 

16 hours ago, JimZRyd said:

Jim

Hey Jim.  Surprised to hear you needed so much lift to run 35's.  I have 2019 AT4 with stock suspension and factory 20" rims running NRG 35x11.50 with no issues.  I had very minor rub on the front of the drivers side well liner only when backing with wheels turned full lock right.  This was easily eliminated by zip tying the liner bracket directly behind the bolt that there to one of the bumper mounts.  I've had no rub since.  I think the biggest issue is the wheel width and offset.  I will say though, even with the stock suspension and 35's, my 5' wife still struggles to climb in the truck as well.. ?

17 hours ago, JimZRyd said:

Jim

Hey Jim.  Surprised to hear you needed so much lift to run 35's.  I have 2019 AT4 with stock suspension and factory 20" rims running NRG 35x11.50 with no issues.  I had very minor rub on the front of the drivers side well liner only when backing with wheels turned full lock right.  This was easily eliminated by zip tying the liner bracket directly behind the bolt that there to one of the bumper mounts.  I've had no rub since.  I think the biggest issue is the wheel width and offset.  I will say though, even with the stock suspension and 35's, my 5' wife still struggles to climb in the truck as well.. lol

7 hours ago, J2Jones said:

Hey Jim.  Surprised to hear you needed so much lift to run 35's.  I have 2019 AT4 with stock suspension and factory 20" rims running NRG 35x11.50 with no issues.  I had very minor rub on the front of the drivers side well liner only when backing with wheels turned full lock right.  This was easily eliminated by zip tying the liner bracket directly behind the bolt that there to one of the bumper mounts.  I've had no rub since.  I think the biggest issue is the wheel width and offset.  I will say though, even with the stock suspension and 35's, my 5' wife still struggles to climb in the truck as well.. lol

It surprised me as well??‍♂️  It could very well be my wheel/combo. With the more narrow tire you are running, could make the difference. I know the Sierra and Silverado have different wheel wells and the Chevy tends to be able to run a bigger tire. There's a 19 Chevy in town that has a 4" Pro Comp lift with 35/12.5/20's that has tons of room around the tire. Set at 4" on mine, the tire would hit the corner of the front bumper. I'll try to attach a pic. 

238BA477-2DA5-49FA-89AD-D06E414588F2.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Got my truck back yesterday!  It's now set at 4" all around and on 33/12.5/20's with no rub anywhere. Sorry for the crappy pics. Freezing rain outside today. 

63F37BCD-3318-4113-9EB1-FB1A4F41B0F0.jpeg

Edited by JimZRyd

On 1/31/2021 at 7:42 PM, lapoolboy said:

Looks great.  What is your height from the ground to the top of the sharkfin antenna?  I'm trying to make sure it will still fit in my garage!  

I get roughly 81" from the ground to the tip of the shark fin as I measure with my tape measure. So I'd say give it one or two either way. 

1 hour ago, JimZRyd said:

I get roughly 81" from the ground to the tip of the shark fin as I measure with my tape measure. So I'd say give it one or two either way. 

LOL....one or two either way would be the difference between still fitting and not!  I have 82" from floor to top garage door seal.

3 minutes ago, lapoolboy said:

LOL....one or two either way would be the difference between still fitting and not!  I have 82" from floor to top garage door seal.

It would probably be too close for you then. I was trying to hold the tape measure and balance myself on the drivers side threshold, that's why I said give it or take a few. ?