In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Sign in to follow this  
coachhomer

Extended Warranty

Has anyone opted for the extended warranty through GMC? Or does anyone have experience with it? Initial research I have done indicated that Zurich is a bit hard to deal with.

Thanks!

C

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has anyone opted for the extended warranty through GMC? Or does anyone have experience with it? Initial research I have done indicated that Zurich is a bit hard to deal with.

Thanks!

C

I skipped that add on... But curious to hear what others say as well

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

On 10/7/2020 at 9:52 AM, coachhomer said:

Thanks!

C

If you were offered Zurich, that's not the factory authorized extended contract anyway.  The factory plan is from AMT, and is branded Chevrolet, Buick, Cadillac, or GMC Platinum Protection.  Zurich is an insurance company offering an extended plan, but since they have no vested interest in the vehicle (same as other third-party providers), they have no incentive to cover a borderline repair - they won't make money that way.

For the authorized GMC plan, see here: https://www.gmc.com/protection-plans

If you were offered Zurich, that's not the factory authorized extended contract anyway.  The factory plan is from AMT, and is branded Chevrolet, Buick, Cadillac, or GMC Platinum Protection.  Zurich is an insurance company offering an extended plan, but since they have no vested interest in the vehicle (same as other third-party providers), they have no incentive to cover a borderline repair - they won't make money that way.

For the authorized GMC plan, see here: https://www.gmc.com/protection-plans

Correct. My guess is we were offered through Zurich because the GMC plans are not available in the state of Florida.

I chose the option for $1800 on our 2021 Tahoe LT. We had so many out of warranty issues with our 2015 Tahoe that is was an easy decision for me.

Ask your dealer if they sell a product called "CNA Wrap". That's what most of the Caddy's have had for "Certified Used" in our area. Can be bought on any GM vehicle. CNA Wrap has the best coverage of any ext warranty I know of. Read the fine print. Do not trust the sales person. Dealer I worked at added Zurich and they are already consider dropping it. Getting claims is a real hassle. Just put a CNA Wrap on my 18 Silverado with 2 weeks left on bumper to bumper warranty. $1285  5/60. $0 deductible at selling dealer. Your price may vary.

Ask your dealer if they sell a product called "CNA Wrap". That's what most of the Caddy's have had for "Certified Used" in our area. Can be bought on any GM vehicle. CNA Wrap has the best coverage of any ext warranty I know of. Read the fine print. Do not trust the sales person. Dealer I worked at added Zurich and they are already consider dropping it. Getting claims is a real hassle. Just put a CNA Wrap on my 18 Silverado with 2 weeks left on bumper to bumper warranty. $1285  5/60. $0 deductible at selling dealer. Your price may vary.

I believe I purchased something similar. It was called the Platinum Wrap and provides 60m/100k coverage

Is it 5/60k from purchase date of warranty or car in service date? Also what dealer did you use? I’ll have to inquire at mine. Thanks

From purchase date of policy.