Multiple Service Lights and Strong Sulfur/Rotten Egg Smell

I'm in the same boat - brand new off the showroom floor - 2021 GMC Yukon Denali XL - @5433 miles, bent push rods, rocker arms cracked, cylinder heads bend, lifter collapsed - in the shop for 18 days. Got it back and @9625 miles same issues and then the dash started to display Service ESC, Service Traction Control, all kinds of lights started to blink all over the dash, then On Star sent me a message to check my emissions system now - towed it this time back to the dealership I bought it at over 150 miles away from the house and now waiting on their diagnostic. At this point I don't want it...

Called the GM warranty, Repair and Lemon Law help line and told them unfortunately with major engine issues like this I don't want it. I'm really don't want to wait to see what will fail next on a $90,000 vehicle when I have less than 10,000 miles on it and already have been left stranded twice. This in not a bandaid fix - and I don't want to take it in every few months for repairs.

On 4/21/2021 at 5:56 PM, mjm-1957 said:

In the last three weeks we have had 3 of the new yukons come in with bent pushrods and misfire codes. All were the newest version of cylinder deactivation. We cant keep up with all the engine work lately. GM better pull there head out of there asses and come up with something better than this dynamic skip fire system. They all had between 3500 - 13000 miles on them. Between the afm lifters collapsing, the valve springs breaking and the oil consumption problems its a never ending stream of heavy engine work........

Nothing is necessarily wrong with the idea of AFM/DFM.  GM is still using the same lifters since 2007 and quality control on them has obviously deteriorated.  

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/12/2021 at 9:44 PM, ShanC said:

What did the problem end up being? We bought a 2021 Yukon XL 3 months ago. This morning, it started making a loud clunking sound while idling really rough. Now the dashboard is lit up with all sorts of service required notifications. Traction control, real axle off, service esc, etc. The car only has 3000 miles on it. We bought it brand new off the showroom floor. 

This just happened to my brand new 2021 Yukon XL Denali, 3,000 miles on it and 3 months old. Had to have it towed bc it was making the loud clicking noise and rough idling. The dashboard had the same service notifications you noted, which all came on at the same time. 

Dealership called and said it was a collapsed lifter. It is being repaired now but of course it will take a few days and no loaner vehicles bc of the shortage.