Lemon Law Rear Window Leak

Well as I have posted under other topics my 2020 3500HD Denali suffers from the rear window leak. Truck was built in June of 2020 and I took delivery in July. At 300 miles I noticed the leak.

Dealerahip repaired per the bulliten and it still leaked

Dealership put in entire new window and still leaked. 

Dealership tried to seal the top of new window and just today it leaked while washing it with a gentle flow from hose. This is 3 failed attempts. I plan to send certified letter to GM to state my intentions to get a buy back under lemon law. I plan to order same truck from my dealership with a standard rear window. Does anyone know where to address the letter to initiate the lemon law process? I believe they are allowed 10 days from receiving the letter to make a repair before I can start the lemon law procedure.

Thanks in advance and I welcome any other advice in the lemon law process. I live in NJ incase that makes any difference.

Edited by Pate Services

The manufacturer will need an opportunity to address the damages before succesfully winning a suit.  All of this is something you consult a property law attorney with.

With my Winnebago trailer, ive had it in the shop numerous times for repairs and the repairs were never fixed.  I wrote a certified letter to their factory office and they got in touch with me immediately, extended the warranty, and took it to their factory for a full repair.    Ive now since then seen damage i t he same area and will possibly do the same thing....

good luck!  I hope GM takes care of you

• 2 weeks later...

I talked with NJ Department of Consumer Affairs Lemon Law Division.They were very helpful. I then sent my certified mail letter to GM. They did open up a case and the truck is currently at the dealership for the final repair attempt (FRA) Maybe they will fix it on the 4th attempt or I will file the lemon law application. 

• 1 month later...

The fact that it's 3 years in and GM doesn't have a solution is disappointing. I think that anyone with a sliding rear window will eventually have the leak. Many may never notice, but I'm betting they all leak at some point. I've attempted to seal mine on my own after 3 dealer attempts. We shall see how well it works. I have verified the water is intruding from the window frame, not the spoiler bolt holes, etc. It's really the only issue I've had with the truck, but it's definitely an aggravation. Perhaps having the solid window installed is the best option, besides trading for another brand or older GM HD truck.

Edited by ShotgunZ71

20 hours ago, ShotgunZ71 said:

The fact that it's 3 years in and GM doesn't have a solution is disappointing. I think that anyone with a sliding rear window will eventually have the leak. Many may never notice, but I'm betting they all leak at some point. I've attempted to seal mine on my own after 3 dealer attempts. We shall see how well it works. I have verified the water is intruding from the window frame, not the spoiler bolt holes, etc. It's really the only issue I've had with the truck, but it's definitely an aggravation. Perhaps having the solid window installed is the best option, besides trading for another brand or older GM HD truck.

Well, if they can't fix it, replacing it with a solid window should be on their dime - at a minimum. I live in So. Calif. We don't get rain (slight exaggeration). I've not noticed any leaks when washing mine ... but I really haven't looked closely.