3 hours ago, rramit69 said:

2019 LT Trail Boss 5.3L 8speed 

Has anyone upgraded gears . Thinking of putting 4.10 . 

I haven’t but according to tiresize.com my 3.23 gears need to be changed to 3.42 to be okay with my 34.25” tires. I think 3.73 and you will be fine. 4.10 might be overkill especially on gas mileage.

14 hours ago, jbr1888 said:

That will not do anything to change the mechanical gear ratio between the transmission, rear end, and tires. 

LOL.  No kidding.  I was just thinking that with the final drive being different that the shift points will be wrong.

1 hour ago, TRKLGND said:

LOL.  No kidding.  I was just thinking that with the final drive being different that the shift points will be wrong.

42 minutes ago, rramit69 said:

If people are putting 35 inch tires and have no computer issues except for speedometer not reading correct speed , I think that gears change would be the same. 

TRK, yeah, I figured that’s what you were getting at. 

TRK and RRAMIT, isn’t the point of changing the rear end gearing to compensate for the considerably larger tires and their effect on the final effective gear ratio at the road? (To help keep power and MPG optimal) 

57 minutes ago, rramit69 said:

If people are putting 35 inch tires and have no computer issues except for speedometer not reading correct speed , I think that gears change would be the same. 

Probably right.  Just something to consider.

11 minutes ago, jbr1888 said:

TRK and RRAMIT, isn’t the point of changing the rear end gearing to compensate for the considerably larger tires and their effect on the final effective gear ratio at the road? (To help keep power and MPG optimal) 

Yep.  Exactly.

On 10/20/2020 at 8:29 AM, jbr1888 said:

Will work just fine, so long as you swap the center diff.  3.23 out back and 4.10 in front would go kablooey