2021 Suburban Z71 - Camera Working Intermittently

Our 2019 chevy suburban displays a  front camera servicing needed message and says front collision alert sys off and lane keep assistance is unavailable it was working fine then all of a sudden not but will very sporadically out the blue works again for a quick moment and back to out again . Why is this what causes it is this something that chevy should do more than collect data on. I purchased the vehicle for its bells and whistles. The code and explaination dealer gave my wife wassimply we can replace the entire system at a cost. And then charge ya for updated flash wth man somebody please help you can email me if you are in the know of what to do [email protected]  thanks

• Sad 1

On 2/6/2022 at 3:03 PM, Sspit2e said:

Our 2019 chevy suburban displays a  front camera servicing needed message and says front collision alert sys off and lane keep assistance is unavailable it was working fine then all of a sudden not but will very sporadically out the blue works again for a quick moment and back to out again . Why is this what causes it is this something that chevy should do more than collect data on. I purchased the vehicle for its bells and whistles. The code and explaination dealer gave my wife wassimply we can replace the entire system at a cost. And then charge ya for updated flash wth man somebody please help you can email me if you are in the know of what to do [email protected]  thanks

Welcome to the site.

Have you tried another dealership? They are like doctors; a second opinion never hurts.

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Bought a 2021 Tahoe Z71 with ~28,000 miles. Cameras worked for a few days. One time, I got into the truck, plugged my iPhone in (which I had been doing since I got it), put it in reverse and all cameras stopped working. Now have the same error as the original poster (with the red triangle/exclamation point and camera icon, otherwise black screen). Has anyone found a reliable fix? I have tried everything suggested on this forum (closing liftgate hard, waiting until boot-up screen disappears, etc.) and I still can't get any of the cameras to work at all.

On 10/17/2022 at 3:26 PM, djdnid9s9a9a9maoa said:

Bought a 2021 Tahoe Z71 with ~28,000 miles. Cameras worked for a few days. One time, I got into the truck, plugged my iPhone in (which I had been doing since I got it), put it in reverse and all cameras stopped working. Now have the same error as the original poster (with the red triangle/exclamation point and camera icon, otherwise black screen). Has anyone found a reliable fix? I have tried everything suggested on this forum (closing liftgate hard, waiting until boot-up screen disappears, etc.) and I still can't get any of the cameras to work at all.

This is certainly not what we like to hear, djdnid9s9a9a9maoa.  Please know, customer satisfaction is extremely important to us. Our team would be more than happy to take a closer look into the concerns with your 2021 Tahoe Z71. To do so, please send an email to [email protected] with ATTN: djdnid9s9a9a9maoa/GM Trucks in the subject line.

Please include your contact information, VIN, a brief description of your concern, and the name of your preferred dealership. We look forward to hearing from you. To learn more about GM’s privacy policy, please visit https://www.gm.com/privacy-statement.html.

Privacy Statement | General Motors
Your privacy is important to General Motors. This Privacy Statement addresses the personal information GM collects and how GM handles that personal information.
www.gm.com

Took my Tahoe to Bay Ridge Chevrolet this morning and it looks like the problem has been fixed! Thanks, folks. For others looking for the fix, my invoice says:

CUSTOMER STATES BACK UP CAMERA INOP CHECK ALL CAMERAS

NO COMMUNICATION TO VIDEO PROCESSING MODULE

REPROGRAM MODULE CAMERA WORKS

2810845 Video Processing Control Module Reprogramming

Bought a brand new 2023 Tahoe z71 last month and had the same issue after 4 days. The dealer said the part is on back order that they think will fix the issue and have no idea when it will be in. This is a safety issue in my opinion and completely unacceptable for a brand new vehicle that has been a known issue for what appears to be years based on this post. I lawyered up with a lemon law attorney and would recommend you all to do the same. 

• 1 month later...
On 11/4/2022 at 8:34 PM, Tahoez71 said:

Bought a brand new 2023 Tahoe z71 last month and had the same issue after 4 days. The dealer said the part is on back order that they think will fix the issue and have no idea when it will be in. This is a safety issue in my opinion and completely unacceptable for a brand new vehicle that has been a known issue for what appears to be years based on this post. I lawyered up with a lemon law attorney and would recommend you all to do the same. 

I purchased on 2023 Suburban Z71 3 weeks ago and the issue occurred 4 days later. I called them immediately, and they informed me that they already had a part on order since they noticed the problem during inspection. The issue here is that they NEVER informed me of this issue before I purchased the vehicle. They have told me that it was a communication error, and that the part is nowhere to be found worldwide. Now I sit with my 360 surround vision system not working whatsoever with no end in sight. I am beyond frustrated. 

Edited by Mfoster720