In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Not only Covid, but people are hoarding it again. Who can blame them when you look around at what is happening around the country. Plus throw in a possible change in Govt. and the "BINGO" man propped up by his side-kick. Their stated policies will make it basically impossible or VERY expensive to have weapons or ammo. Th $200 per gun tax on already purchased weapons, they would like to impose will be fun to enforce.

Unfortunately I lost all my weapons in a tragic boating accident.

:)

Edited by txab
  • Haha 1

Most online sites are very expensive and OOS. Best to try to get by places like Academy when they first open their doors. More than likely it will be an experience much like Black Friday at Wally. I've heard these type of stores seem to get stock in daily, just not much of each caliber  i was in Academy a few weeks back and I've never seen the shelves so bare, not even during Obama. They had low popularity calibers in stock, still with a limit of 2 boxes per person.

Your local gun store may be able to help as many of them have contracts with suppliers to get something. That's one reason to have good relationship with a local shop

Edited by txab

I purchased some .45 ammo online since all the stores around here were completely out.  One online place was able to get it to me within a week, another took over a month, apparently even though it said in stock, it went out of stock as I was ordering. 

Wait a year, I've been to the range way less now, can't get replacements at any kind of good price. Crazy people that have never shot a gun in their lives, go out and buy guns and ammo, to do nothing with, WTF.

Edited by gearheadesw

I haven’t been shooting much of my stash. Not only because it’s expensive, but the range is a circus. The noobs make me nervous as hell. One of the last times I went, the guy next to me was such a horrific shot that he was hitting the top of the metal target holder one lane over. His shrapnel was deflecting into my target and throwing me for a loop. 

• Sad 1

After buying a Springfield armory Saint in April (found online) I stocked up on some .223 as it was available online the last few months. Definitely
Conserving at the moment. Been wanting to get a 9mm hellcat they pop up at the local stores occasionally

Ryan B.

• 2 weeks later...