In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Electric Hummer reveal video -- replacing some pickups?

redwngr

My Silverado HC was snickered at $70k. What’s another $10k.  Lol

I’ll tell you what it’s nice looking and the acceleration of this thing in 3 secs is quite impressive. Let it be on the road for couple years and work out kinks and I’d look into it. I like the looks and the features. 

Idk if I could give up my V8 exhaust note though??

$112k for the one they are releasing next year. The 80k one doesn’t come along until 2024, and it won’t have half the power of this.

I’m sure they will sell out immediately but it’s too expensive and too bold for me. Stick that “powertrain” in a normal looking Silverado and sell it for 70k...I’d have a hard time saying no to that performance. Good range too.

• Like 3

Its a niche truck and not really a work truck Per se. Yes its expensive but everything is expensive.

It will have a ton of power, 350 miles of range, some serious off-road chops with up to 15 inches of clearance , air suspension ,  37in tires , interior looks really nice. As poster above said, they will sell  out of this. Price wise it will start around 80 and work its way up to around 110k. But think for a second.  A fully loaded 2021 Power boost F150 will be around 79k . F350's get close to 90k.  You know the 2022 Silverado and Sierra half tons will sticker up to  around 75k.  A loaded Suburban gets close to 80k . Everything is expensive.  

Looks pretty sweet to me. A bit too Ridgeline boxy though and has a little bit of the new Bronco feel. Price point is crazy, but they'll sell since they're at the same price point as the Tesla X. I do wonder what the tow rating will be and what range it'd get. For example, if towing 9,000 lbs, range of 200 miles ? This is why GM laughed when asked if they felt the Blazer or GM in general was missing the boat not competing with Wrangler and the new Bronco. They were holding the EV Hummer up their sleeve. While it is a different segment, I'm sure they're thinking don't waste resources there when this one is wide open. The deals will be when these are 3 years old with 30k miles on them. Probably get a used one for 50k and it'll be in great shape.

42 minutes ago, rkj__ said:

It's interesting.  It looks more capable than I was expecting. 

I'm just not sure who will buy these.  Who is the target buyer / demographic?

Raptor and Ram TRX customers. 

I'm sure they'll be a hit with the Hollywood crowd as well. GM will have no trouble finding buyers for these, just as Ford has no trouble finding customers for a $75K Raptor with zero rebates. 

11 hours ago, f8l vnm said:

Its a niche truck and not really a work truck Per se. Yes its expensive but everything is expensive.

It will have a ton of power, 350 miles of range, some serious off-road chops with up to 15 inches of clearance , air suspension ,  37in tires , interior looks really nice. As poster above said, they will sell  out of this. Price wise it will start around 80 and work its way up to around 110k. But think for a second.  A fully loaded 2021 Power boost F150 will be around 79k . F350's get close to 90k.  You know the 2022 Silverado and Sierra half tons will sticker up to  around 75k.  A loaded Suburban gets close to 80k . Everything is expensive.  

I was able to get a 2020 Crew Cab 1500 Denali Standard Box up to $70,230 without accessories. I wouldn't be surprised if the 2022 exceeds $75K in it's most expensive form. 

884594742_Screenshot(18805).thumb.png.4be84b78a2ec492ff8b61739c56fd2bb.png

12 hours ago, f8l vnm said:

This thing will be a home run for GM. Good to see them making this bold move 

Completely agree. It makes Tesla's truck look like a foolish, futuristic flop (IMO). 

GM is putting out a truck that looks like a relatively normal futuristic truck, but with incredible performance numbers and serious off-roading capacities. 

Plus, the tech on that truck gets me excited for future GM light duty trucks! 

40 minutes ago, econometrics said:

Completely agree. It makes Tesla's truck look like a foolish, futuristic flop (IMO). 

GM is putting out a truck that looks like a relatively normal futuristic truck, but with incredible performance numbers and serious off-roading capacities. 

Plus, the tech on that truck gets me excited for future GM light duty trucks! 

Yeah another great point you bring up here. Some of this trucks tech should for sure trickle down to our trucks. 

And yeah this really puts a dent in the Cyber Truck . Has everything the Cyber Truck has but it also has the off-road chops