brand new 6.2 midnight edition wrecked now what????

well my brand new trail boss just got wrecked, a guy passed out crossed over the yellow line almost hit me head on and ended up hitting me right in drivers door all the side impact air bags went off on both sides of truck.  im lucky to be alive i believe the running board saved me. now what do i do they are probably not going to total it and im gonna be left with a truck that will have depreciated a ****** ton and who knows what kind of problems i will have with it now,  it only had 1800 miles on it and i guess the guy was on something too i am so mad 

IMG_0930 (2).JPG

IMG_0933 (7).JPG

Man, that sucks. I'm glad you're ok! When I read about wrecked vehicles and airbags going off, insurances usually total the vehicle. Good luck with the insurance and hopefully everything works out. Total bummer!

• Like 2

Damn, that sucks!! 3 months after I bought my 2012, used, it got hit by a hail storm in St.Louis. I was beyond pissed..but nothing I could do. Luckily insurance took care of me. Hate that happened to you, that looks like a beautiful truck. Hope you can get it fixed, better than new. At least you could walk away with no injuries

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Get a diminished value claim. That will pay you the diminished value of the vehicle after the repair.

I requested this on a past car, and the cost was so much they ended up totaling it out. I recommended a friend to do the same and he was able to get an extra $11,000 from the person’s insurance when his car was hit.

Sorry to hear about that though. Best of luck to you.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Badbird2000 said:

Damn, that sucks!! 3 months after I bought my 2012, used, it got hit by a hail storm in St.Louis. I was beyond pissed..but nothing I could do. Luckily insurance took care of me. Hate that happened to you, that looks like a beautiful truck. Hope you can get it fixed, better than new. At least you could walk away with no injuries

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

yes thanks just some hip and back pain better than i though whe i saw that van coming right at me

• Like 1

That is one hell of a hit. One reason they MAY total it is because of the aluminum doors and maybe other parts of the cab are harder to find someone who can repair it. The aluminum doors also take a hit WAY better than steel doors. I took a 4x4 that popped out from under my tire into the rear passenger door. The dent was small and no where close to what the impact felt like inside. My PDR guy said a steel door would have been toast. Most PDR guys won’t even touch the new Silverado’s. 
That hit you got has definitely caused structural damage to that cab, so you might be in luck with getting it totaled, not due to parts cost, but because the labor would bring the cost up.