Front end is gone after an accident, dealer for repair?

Long story short, a kid coming the opposite direction took an left turn in front of me while I had the right of way, ended up t-boning him. Front end, hood, and both fenders are pretty much gone.  I have this truck for only 15 months with less than 14k on the odometer and loved it.  My question is how feasible it is to have the dealer ship do the repair? I want it to be back to the original shape or as close as possible.  Would love to hear from those that had similar experience.  Thanks.

20201030_160324.jpg

a good quality body shop will usually handle it best in my opinion, no advantage in going to a dealer for repairs, do your research and find a good local body shop.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, redwngr said:

Some dealers DO have an excellent body shop.

Make your choice based on the quality of the body shop, not on whether they are associated with a dealer or not.

Body shop I use is the only part of the dealership that is 'straight'.

(Pun intended) 

• 3 months later...

My dealer is the only place I'd take mine too. They've got one of the best body shops around. You'll always see other manufactures cars in the lot that are being worked on. They replaced an entire side in a 2019 Traverse we had, and you couldn't tell it had been done. I mean the entire side too as it is all one piece. 

No matter where you take it, you are entitled to OEM parts. Good luck getting it fixed. Parts are in high demand right now.

I had a bad experience with a Chevy dealership body shop. They were so bad that State Farm dropped them from their preferred shops list. Now, a Chevy dealership with a body shop is a plus, but it's a benefit that's way down the list. I look for other things like certifications, service recognition, whether or not insurance recommends them, etc. Also keep in mind that one company will have several makes of dealerships under their name. They may also have a body shop. That doesn't mean they specialize in a certain make of vehicles. You need to investigate. Even though they have a Chevy dealership, they may not have Chevy certifications. For example, they may also have a Dodge dealership and specialize in Dodge repairs.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• Like 1