In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Sign in to follow this  
Kingstore

Seat and mirrors issue

I have a new to me 2015 Chevy Silverado 2500 LTZ crew cab Z71 duramax.

Mirror issue: I guess the original owner decided to replace the DL3 mirrors with manual folding (which explains why the power folding didn’t work) tow mirrors. The tow mirrors have a light by the mirror which doesn’t come on not sure why. 

Seat issue:  It has memory seat settings. I can not get them to change. When I push the set button it doesn’t beep or anything. I’ve tried adjusting settings in the Mylink with no luck. Could it have something to do with the mirrors and if so is there a way to fix it without replacing them? 

Thanks 

Kris

4973E926-A25C-4F64-8736-0000356F16B7.jpeg

Seat......are you pushing the Set and Number button at the same time and waiting for the beep??

I’ve tried it all ways. Press the set button wait for a beep, press both. I get nothing out of either. I’ve also took it to the dealer and they tried it with no luck. Besides paying them to hook their machine up to it.

Was hoping someone here could help before paying them. 

Memory is connected to mirrors also. No telling what tow mirrors you have are how they are wired and apparently your truck's memory doesn't either.

Your best bet is to take pictures of the mirrors and contact Phil Gamboa at https://harnessdr.com/ and let him find you a solution.

Your dealer won't have a clue. Don't waste your time trying. Most will tell you the mirror swap is impossible. Phil has helped many over the years. I just wish he would trade his 2016 for a new style 2019 or later and start working on mods for the newer trucks !

Edited by Enough
content

I emailed them yesterday, so hopefully they will get back with me Monday. 

C16B8224-3307-457A-8D65-9EFE170312F3.jpeg

6 hours ago, Kingstore said:

I emailed them yesterday, so hopefully they will get back with me Monday. 

C16B8224-3307-457A-8D65-9EFE170312F3.jpeg

Which key fob are you using when trying to move things? There should be a #1 and #2.

Neither of them are numbered that I can tell. 

Hey there. I had my website and email moved to a new server to handle the traffic. So my apologies for the delayed email response.

Let’s work through this here. So that this info is visible to others.

Let me take a look at the message and decipher things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok. So seat memory is tied to the harnesses in the doors. So we need to understand what the previous owner did.

Have some questions.

1. When you turn your headlights on, does the amber light on the mirror work?

2. When you use the turn signal, does the red arrow only blink?

3. At night, if you unlock the truck with the key fob, does the amber light come on? If you test during the day, you can cover the black dome on the dash to simulate night time. Just wait about 30 seconds once you cover the sensor (use a sake towel).

4. If you press the cargo light switch button, does the white LED light on the mirror come on?

This should tell the story of what I think happened.

13 minutes ago, pgamboa said:

Ok. So seat memory is tied to the harnesses in the doors. So we need to understand what the previous owner did.

Have some questions.

1. When you turn your headlights on, does the amber light on the mirror work?
*No
2. When you use the turn signal, does the red arrow only blink?
*Yes
3. At night, if you unlock the truck with the key fob, does the amber light come on? If you test during the day, you can cover the black dome on the dash to simulate night time. Just wait about 30 seconds once you cover the sensor (use a sake towel).
*Yes
4. If you press the cargo light switch button, does the white LED light on the mirror come on?
*No
This should tell the story of what I think happened.

That’s not a problem about the email. Glad you’re willing to do it here to help everyone. Please see above on the answer. 

That’s not a problem about the email. Glad you’re willing to do it here to help everyone. Please see above on the answer. 

Ok. This tells me the previous likely didn’t change the harnesses when he swapped in the mirrors. This doesn’t deduce why your memory set/recall positions buttons are not working though. There might be a need to open the door panel and start exploring. No telling why they did. When you remove the panel, take note of any harness labels.

Also, can you confirm that you can adjust both mirrors from the switch without any issues?

While the panel is off, check to ensure that the seat memory button harness is plugged in.

Lastly, on your radio, in the settings/comfort and convenience section, do you see things related to the seat memory? Like reverse mirror tilt, easy exit, key fob fold?

It may be a few days or even next week before I can get the panel off to look at everything. 

The mirrors adjust fine with the controller. 

I believe the seat switch is plugged in, because the backlight and 1 and 2 buttons do change when I push them. I just can’t change them to my settings. 

All the settings in the radio are currently off, because I was trying to see if that caused the problem. 

It may be a few days or even next week before I can get the panel off to look at everything. 

The mirrors adjust fine with the controller. 

I believe the seat switch is plugged in, because the backlight and 1 and 2 buttons do change when I push them. I just can’t change them to my settings. 

All the settings in the radio are currently off, because I was trying to see if that caused the problem. 

Sounds good. If I recall, when you have your seat and mirror positions where you want them, you press and release #1, then press and release the Set button. You should hear audible beeps. If you don’t, check your radio settings too. If the settings are there, it should work.

I haven’t had a chance to pull the panel off yet, but would it happen to give you a check engine light if the wrong mirrors are on there? I’m getting temperature codes and I think I read something about the diesels having to have certain type of sensors for exhaust brakes something with the mirrors.