2015 Yukon XL Denali -- Driver's Side Wind Noise??

Hi All! Just bought a 2015 Yukon XL...had a terrible wind noise right away after we got home...sounded like the window was literally cracked.....the Dealer we bought it from (GMC Dealer) changed the weather stripping....this helped a lot - both minimized the speed @which it kicks in and the overall severity - BUT this did NOT make it go away.....still very distinct, starting by 40MPH and terrible on the Highway....I'd say the Weather Stripping fix cured about 40% of it.....they then proposed a Door Adjustment after (and we agree) noting the Door was not flush with the back door seam.....very visible bump.....BUT, they "warn" this can create a "popping" sound if they adjust the door....I said "you mean so loud I have to part in the corner at the grocery story??"....they said "no, just more like your ankle popping when it's stiff"....and it apparentely doesn't happen on every adjustment they make, but it's known to.....

Has anyone had this door adjustment made? 

Are you familiar with this "popping" sound? 

Is the quietness example they gave accurate for what I'll hear if I go thru with this???? 

Thanks for all your thoughts!!!

If you can adjust your side view mirror to view the pillars while you drive over 40 mph, see if the pillars/appliques are vibrating.  It's a know issue with our years and I fixed mine with double sided tape.

https://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/191619-anyones-window-appliques-loose-flapping/

Thanks Mike! And too funny....we live in Nixa too!!

So you mean the plastic panels that frame the window between the door and the pillar between the front and rear door? Those were replaced by the dealer as part of our Recon in the Sale...I had been warned about that issue from a friend who has the same Rig.....so I can double check they did that right, but the Service MAnager @Thomspons who followed up after they did the weather stripping change and that panel replacement felt it was the door being (visibly) off seam with the pillar/frame right near the door handle, and she'd have to make the Adjustment to the door to bring them flush, that then may or may not make a "popping" as a result when opening/closing the door....

Have you encountered this door-not-flush condition? Have you ever had the door "adjusted" and gotten this popping? 

Fortunately I haven't had the wind noise problem that  you are experiencing so never had the door adjusted.  Curious what will cause the "popping" noise that they are mentioning unless the door is binding somewhere and "pop"s into place.  Otherwise, it's just a hinge on the frame that's moving.  My doors seem to be lined up, from what I can tell anyway.  If they adjust the door, is it reversible?   i.e. if the popping is terrible can you go back to the wind noise?  Good luck!

I had the wind noise coming from the drivers side door when i first got my truck, it was unusual as most reviewers were glowing on how quiet the truck is at high speeds and a total lack of wind noise. When i Checked, the drivers door was not properly aligned, it came that way from the factory and after the dealership looked at it, they agreed and took care of making the door sit flush. Now no noise and i can agree with the reviewers. This and the high freq antenna, were the only two items that i have had to do under warranty. The shark fin antenna was leaking into the visor area and the dealership replaced it and the fix was turning the rubber gasket the other way with the little hole in the bottom instead of the top. 

Thanks George!

This makes me feel some better....yes, I belive and "adjustment" of the driver's door to make it sit flush is what they feel will cure the howl.  Curious though, after the made the door adjustments and made it sit flush, was there any kind of popping noise that popped up as a side effect of the door alignemnt when you opened and closed it?? They're warning that is a known potential side effect....

Thanks! 

No i did not hear any popping noises. Even if you adjusted the door and you did hear it, you can still adjust it more until you no longer have the issue. The popping noise could also be the check link when the door is opened. This is to stop the door from flying open and being held in position. You have nothing to lose by trying.