Jump to content
  • Sign up for FREE! Become a GM-Trucks.com Member Today!

    In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Sign in to follow this  
edgexcsp

Does anybody else hate their seat?

Recommended Posts

On 11/19/2020 at 10:24 AM, redwngr said:

Doesn't the wheel tilt enough to see gauges? 

Is it the telescoping or non-telescoping?  

(telescope optional on LT, but all trims have tilt) 

 

EDIT to add: power seat or manual seat?

 

Yeah it does but can't see gages when in comfortable spot....only dic.....

 

Be nice if wheel telescoped and tilted independently

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seats in my 2020 Denali 3500 are garbage.  GM took a HUGE step backwards in seat comfort.  Previous two generation Denali's were some of the most comfortable truck seats I've ever owned.  Personally hoping redesigned interior in 2023 (?) solve this problem.  Denali should bring premium seating materials and comfort.  Swing and a miss on this truck GM.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, m5guy said:

Seats in my 2020 Denali 3500 are garbage.  GM took a HUGE step backwards in seat comfort.  Previous two generation Denali's were some of the most comfortable truck seats I've ever owned.  Personally hoping redesigned interior in 2023 (?) solve this problem.  Denali should bring premium seating materials and comfort.  Swing and a miss on this truck GM.  

Couldn't agree more!  I've found a seating position that I don't hate but it is a far cry from the comfort of my 2016 and 2018, I'm pretty disappointed considering I wanted to keep this truck longer than 3 years...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Couldn't agree more!  I've found a seating position that I don't hate but it is a far cry from the comfort of my 2016 and 2018, I'm pretty disappointed considering I wanted to keep this truck longer than 3 years...

 

Finally found a decent spot in my 2020 by moving the seat down quite a bit more the I thought I’d like but, it’s not as good as I remember the 16 being. Both were fully adjustable cloth seats. My biggest gripe about the seat itself is that then seat bottom is too short, I actually like the increased firmness on the 2020. IMO the 5 biggest issues that make finding a good position hard in the T1 is, 1) steering wheel height relative to the floor of the truck, the wheel should be coming out of the dash at a higher location by maybe 2-3”, 2) lack of a tilt function on the steering column, I realize you can adjust angle and depth but, I liked the ability to change the tilt of the wheel in a separate function as I like my steering wheel very straight up and down and that’s not possible in a T1 unless you move the wheel all the way down but, then you can’t see the gauges and you hit your leg/knee on the wheel / column 3) the gauges should be lower if the column is going to be where it’s at, 4) the brake pedal is too close to the driver which makes it tough to move your seat close enough to reach the steering wheel comfortably 5) power adjust pedals are GONE on any trim level with any option package, on my 2016 I’d have the steering wheel pulled 80% of the way out and the pedals all the way away from me. Gm would have easily got the $1500 for the Convenience II package if it had power adjust pedals. Hoping that the new gen Tahoe’s have this and I can somehow do a swap.

 

Also eyeing a katakinz kit in black.

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Imcrazy said:

 

Finally found a decent spot in my 2020 by moving the seat down quite a bit more the I thought I’d like but, it’s not as good as I remember the 16 being. Both were fully adjustable cloth seats. My biggest gripe about the seat itself is that then seat bottom is too short, I actually like the increased firmness on the 2020. IMO the 5 biggest issues that make finding a good position hard in the T1 is, 1) steering wheel height relative to the floor of the truck, the wheel should be coming out of the dash at a higher location by maybe 2-3”, 2) lack of a tilt function on the steering column, I realize you can adjust angle and depth but, I liked the ability to change the tilt of the wheel in a separate function as I like my steering wheel very straight up and down and that’s not possible in a T1 unless you move the wheel all the way down but, then you can’t see the gauges and you hit your leg/knee on the wheel / column 3) the gauges should be lower if the column is going to be where it’s at, 4) the brake pedal is too close to the driver which makes it tough to move your seat close enough to reach the steering wheel comfortably 5) power adjust pedals are GONE on any trim level with any option package, on my 2016 I’d have the steering wheel pulled 80% of the way out and the pedals all the way away from me. Gm would have easily got the $1500 for the Convenience II package if it had power adjust pedals. Hoping that the new gen Tahoe’s have this and I can somehow do a swap.

 

Also eyeing a katakinz kit in black.

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

these are exact issues i have with the truck ergonomically......you hit it right on head

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My comfort got better as I slowly dialed position in, when I first got the truck I could barely handle driving more than 100 mile trip. Now I can go about 400 miles till I start feeling discomfort. These defiantly aren't  the best seats but does get better with seat time and tweaks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree, the bolster is too short.  With that said, I have been on 6-8 hour trips with no fatigue. I find this kind of funny though, I ordered and received my '15 in summer of '14 and my only complaint was the tilt/telescoping column eliminated the true "tilt" of the wheel and I took some heat over it. Folks are still complaining about it 6 years later and praising the last generation, when the concept was identical.  The tilt radius has been increased so much by moving the tilt joint closer to the firewall, that it's essentially an up-and-down adjustment.  It was a problem seeing the instrument cluster in the last generation, as well, when the seat and wheel was in the most ergonomic position for me. Now a tilt/telescoping wheel and seat design from a 75 El Dorado would be an improvement on these trucks.  ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/16/2020 at 9:01 PM, edgexcsp said:

I’ve seen a few other posts but no updates or resolutions.  My 2021 Sierra 2500 SLE has to have the worst seat I have ever sat it, the more I drive it the more I hate it!  I’m hoping that somebody will tell me the seat will break in after a couple thousand miles??? 
 

This is my 5th GM truck since 2005 and the seat is the worst yet. It’s rock hard and makes my legs fall asleep and my thighs cramp up, it’s like the seat base is too short and the angles are just wrong. I just can’t seem to find comfortable. 

We've made several multi day out of state trips in my Sierra and it didn't take long to realize how uncomfortable my seats are. I ended up buying a seat cushion to help: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07MZJGYZ7/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I also complained about my seat... I blame the lane assist vibrators as well as all of the complaints above. I find the passenger seat much more comfortable. 

 

But my biggest complaint is the lack of adjustable pedals. like LMCrazy says.. I used a combination of the pedals and seat adjustment on my 2017 to think it was the most comfortable truck I've owned. My wife and I drove it across Canada, down to California and back to Ontario for an 18,000km road trip with our truck camper. Many 12hr days in the seat with no complaints. After 4-5hrs in my 2020 and my right leg and hip get uncomfortable and I get a restless feeling. I also find the lumbar support isn't the same as my last truck and my lower back will start bothering me. And I drive around most of the day to look after multiple job sites so I my truck is my "office" and the comfort matters a lot. One of my biggest complaints with the new body styles.. 

 

I have 70k on my truck now, and do find them better as they have broken in a bit... but the base is still hard compared to my 2017 and the seating position can't be changed no matter how much they break in. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the quality of the leather in my high country is nice.
However, I’m 6'5 and for my first 15,000 miles I hated the seats, very stiff, and I wish I could raise the Front of the seat more for my long legs.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

seat base is too short....and the steering wheel blocks guages as well as brake pedal offset from gas pedal, i guess i am sucker for punishment cuz i just bought a GMC Sierra monday and they are a bit better but still.....in this day and age why is this difficult when older models were so comfy....

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I took out the vibrators. Zip tied them up under the seat. Big improvement 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Lawnboy01 said:

I took out the vibrators. Zip tied them up under the seat. Big improvement 

How difficult was that?

 

I didn't want the vibration but it was the only way to get the HUD so I ordered it that way ... haven't got it yet tho

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jeetS said:

How difficult was that?

 

I didn't want the vibration but it was the only way to get the HUD so I ordered it that way ... haven't got it yet tho

Had to pull the seat   About 1 1/2 hours to do it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.