In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By cs2480
      I’m looking for a tuner or some sort that will provide me with some additional live data. Not really looking for a tune since I have a powertrain warranty through the dealer I bought from. Unless I can tune it and return it back to factory without the ecm registering that there was a tune on the truck. 
    • By Nic Huggins
      So I'm not sure if related to my tuner but reading through a lot of other posts and nobody has actually found an answer. My truck is tuned for my 35" tall tires so that the speedometer is correct. 

Anyways here is whats going on, I can set cruise control at 67mph, bump it up to 85mph but even if I bump it up to 68 once it hits 68mph it cancels cruise control. At 67mph it will stay on.

Has anyone found a fix? Do I need to get rid of the tune and put an inline correction for the speedo?

As I said, I'm tuned with a bullydog at 34.8inch tires, not sure if this problem was before or after the tune.
    • By john race
      Hi Guys.  John here with a 2014 gmc sierra 5.3L.  I just got my hptuners gear in the mail.  I loaded everything up and I didnt realize the complexity would be so intense.  I want to tune for elimination of emissions and hp gains, improved throttle response, and anything else restricting the hp of this motor.  I am very fluent with a laptop as I program PLCs invthe industry so taking this on is right up my ally.  Any help would be greatly appreciated
    • By john race
      Hi Guys.  John here with a 2014 gmc sierra 5.3L.  I just got my hptuners gear in the mail.  I loaded everything up and I didnt realize the complexity would be so intense.  I want to tune for elimination of emissions and hp gains, improved throttle response, and anything else restricting the hp of this motor.  I am very fluent with a laptop as I program PLCs invthe industry so taking this on is right up my ally.  Any help would be greatly appreciated
    • By AEmedic
      I dropped the truck of at the dealer this afternoon to have the Whipple installed.  They claim it will take 11 hours, so I should have it back on Friday.  
      I installed a Borla True Dual S Type cat-back exhaust with the optional resonators to bring the volume down a bit.  It really sounds good!
      I ordered a new ECM from RockAuto for $200 and sent that to HP Tuners to be modified.
      The Whipple took less than a month to be delivered, so I was a caught off guard when I got the shipping notification and “had to” (read: wanted to) rush to get everything set up for the install.
      I want to maintain the good relationship with the dealer I bought the truck from, in hopes that, if there are any warranty issues with the truck that could be questionably related, they will work with me. That, and they have been good to me on the other mods I have had done. It also has the Trail Boss lift with an extra inch to level the front, new wheels with 35X11.50R20 Ridge Grapplers and it has Road Armor Stealth bumpers on the front and rear.
      I am excited for the the outcome!