PARKING BRAKE CABLE - '94 C2500 - GET WHICH? ~> Non-removable Molded Pad Cover? OR ~> Removable Rubber Pad Cover?

TOPLINE: hope it's ok to be more specific in a new thread here - sorry if not so.

Been trying to figure this out for weeks - as well as other parking brake puzzles for my '94 C2500 RWD with 13" Duo-servo brake drums. 155.5 inch wheelbase, extended cab. Semi-Float 14 bolt diff/rear.

ANYONE know (at ROCKAUTO) what Non-removable Molded Pad Cover AND Removable Rubber Pad Cover means?

is that the rubber casing over top of the cable?
Is it the circular rubber bit on the cable?

WHICH would i want?
How do i deduce what I currently have on truck?

I'M FEELING DUMB!!!!!!!!

FROM ROCK AUTO

ACDELCO 18P1051 {#18033969} Professional Info
Front; 155.5" Wheelbase; Cable w/ Removable Rubber Pad Cover

RAYBESTOS BC94166 {#15607678} Element3 Info
Front; 155.5" Wheelbase; Cable w/ Removable Rubber Pad Cover

RAYBESTOS BC95218 {#15725531, 15735525} Element3 Info
Front; 155.5" Wheelbase; Cable w/ Non-removable Molded Pad Cover

ACDELCO 18P1611 {#18037845} Professional Info
Front; 155.5" Wheelbase; Cable w/ Non-removable Molded Pad Cover

Whatever happens, man, am i ever happy to be on the forums - on the shoulders of GIANTS!!! heh-heh

Edited by chevius
messed up Title - fixed now - thanks!

Many thanks Brian! Wish I'd gotten in an update here last night/yesterday.
Turns out it's that in '94 they had two brake pedal designs.
RockAuto, while awesome that they note two types, I found it unclear that they mean the actual brake pedal mechanism/design.

Super rush here.  AND... BIG thanks again!!!!!

non removable pad cover

https://www.lmctruck.com/1988-98-chevy- ... components

first design > removable pad cover.

https://www.lmctruck.com/1988-98-chevy- ... components

im sure the will take wrong one back , i had dealer print a list  of my rpo codes with explanation of what they are , it has helped me in getting parts it also has date and place of where truck was built so you know if it an early or late model

cool brian! I've been away for about a week. good to be back indoors.

So, yeah, RPO codes are interesting! good point.

Gonna be posting on other things soon i think.
Happy to have the "which parking brake cables" learning basically accomplished.
I'll create a new post if it gets "interesting" trying to replace the left rear and right rear initially.
13" brakes - Duo-servo

/mark

• 2 weeks later...

SUPER-DUPER Brian! Time flies and ~> amazing timing... as,
YES, this evening - about an hour ago, I got the right-rear cable out.
So now I have both left and right rear out and have decided to leave the
front cable which i might have ordered from rockauto (155.5 inch for 8 foot box extended cab)

IF it didn't seem like i'd really get slowed down with all else I'm doing.

I'm pretty ambitious and just as slow to decide on stuff. I'm saying there's so many small details

that might be helpful to mention... I think about posting pictures and then there's actualy doing it with how nuts everything is time-wise.

Hey, fact is, I still don't know if I have non-removable pad or removable pad front cable.

YET, SO great to know what that's about.

I don't get any ratcheting sound when I repress the parking brake, maybe that's a clue, or maybe that's a defect.  Could be that of the two types of pedal mechanism one makes ratcheting sounds and one doesn't.  dunno.

I have the full service manuals though and it may be possible to tell (as in 94 apparently they used both) - and the manuals cover two types i recall - yet from the drawings and the look i made - well, i figure i should have looked a whole lot more though decided to leave the cable.

The cool bits are how i got the old left and right rear cables out, what things happened at cable joiners, how i separated the connector between the front cable and the equalizer.

I wish I could really do a great job of detailing and maybe I can when i get to a place that's peaceful in a week or two.

I cut the cables out, took my time. Though frustratingly it doesn't feel like even worth a mention unless i show pix and detail slowly and well. Gotta sleep kinda immediately. Having a think and hope to do better soon.  Having a great time. Still tons to do. I figure over Christmas I can get some forum posting and pix flow nailed down.