adaptive cruise control not working

19 minutes ago, Oats467 said:

Does anyone have any information on why I cant turn on adaptive cruise control.  And if it is supposed to be on automatically, then why will it not pace the car in from of me?

These trucks don't have adaptive cruise... not on any trim level. The feature you're probably seeing on your controls is to set the gap for accident avoidance.

Swift is correct.  When I bought my 2020 GMC Sierra Denali HD last December, I thought it had Adaptive Cruise Control.  I kept trying to figure out how to engage it on the two hour drive home from the dealer.  A disappointment for sure since I had it on a 2017 Yukon Denali and a 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee.  It is one option that I miss.

It's the one option I'm glad my truck doesn't have. I can't stand it !

When we take my wife's Highlander on trips I turn the cruise off if we get in traffic on the highway.

Old school guy with old school ways. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Thankful said:

Swift is correct.  When I bought my 2020 GMC Sierra Denali HD last December, I thought it had Adaptive Cruise Control.  I kept trying to figure out how to engage it on the two hour drive home from the dealer.  A disappointment for sure since I had it on a 2017 Yukon Denali and a 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee.  It is one option that I miss.

Same here, my 2018 Yukon had it. I bought my truck out of state and drove it home 400 miles and then took it straight to my buddies tint shop to have the two sides and full front windshield tinted, after tinting the windshield I kept trying to use adaptive cruise and couldn't get it to work so I thought maybe the tint on the windshield was interfering... turns out I didn't have it and thats why it didn't work. hahahaha

I could have swore I used it on the way home from the dealer. lol ?

OP's first post.

He may have a 1500, and posted in wrong section. 

If he has an HD, he's not the first that mistakenly thought the HD's had adaptive cruise.

We have it on a 1500.

It can be easily switched to regular cruise and of course can be switched off.  (unlike some vehicles that the choice is adaptive cruise or nothing).

Sometimes I use and like the adaptive.

Some situations I prefer regular cruise. 

Sometimes I prefer to just drive. 

Like most 'auto' functions, and like regular cruise, it reduces, but does not eliminate, the need  for driver adjustments and input. 

The owners manual tells me how to operate it,  and when I called GM and gave them my vin they seemed puzzled that it didn't work.  When I asked my sales man about it he said it had and should just work.   What does setting the distance of the car in front of me supposed to do?  And will this feature be added?

Well, like others have said, if your truck really has adaptive cruise control you are posting in the wrong forum. The 1500 is the only truck that has it available, if you post in the 1500 forum you will probably get better responses on how to use it and if you do have a 2500/3500 then you don't have adaptive cruise control.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

12 hours ago, Oats467 said:

The owners manual tells me how to operate it,  and when I called GM and gave them my vin they seemed puzzled that it didn't work.  When I asked my sales man about it he said it had and should just work.   What does setting the distance of the car in front of me supposed to do?  And will this feature be added?

If GM thinks it has it, then it must be a 1500 and have the option?  

(and this thread is in the wrong section)

Did you switch it to regular cruise?

The vehicle will remember which cruise was last used, and will return to that mode the next time it is started. 

DIC should give a message when you switch modes.

Edited by redwngr

Well this is disappointing! I'm a new owner of a 2020 2500 Denali. It's a sad day when the dealership doesn't take the time to learn their own product. The adaptive cruse control was one of the main features that I was looking for! I sat in the truck and the sales dude said "and it has adaptive cruse control". I tow so this would be extremely helpful. I took it back to the dealer and they looked at it and said I need to schedule a service appointment so they can fix it......? 

On 11/22/2020 at 9:54 PM, Enough said:

It's the one option I'm glad my truck doesn't have. I can't stand it !

When we take my wife's Highlander on trips I turn the cruise off if we get in traffic on the highway.

Old school guy with old school ways. 

I hear ya brother.

On 11/22/2020 at 7:55 PM, Oats467 said:

I went from a 2020 GMC 1500 that had it, to a 2020 2500 and they do not have it. The 1500, when you put it in tow/haul mode the adaptive CC don’t work either. So my speculation is that the trucks are built to be tow, heavy loads, most to all of the time so they just didn’t put it in the trucks.