Falken Wildpeak A/T3W Tires on AT4 - No Mods

Gonna be honest, I don't know much about different tires. Whenever the subject even comes up I have to look up how to even read the damn numbers & what they each mean. My factory tires are getting close to the end of their life, and I'm considering the Falken Wildpeak A/T3W's. That's what they've started putting on the 2WD work trucks where I work, and the guys say they're great in the summer & the snow, even on 2WD trucks. I asked one guy if he just got new tires put on his truck and he told me "yeah last year." Sounds like they last a long time too. Anyone have any experience with that brand before? So far that's the brand I'm leaning towards when my factory tires are wear out. I don't want to install a lift, leveling kit, spacers, or any other kind of mod. I got my truck with the 20" rims; I liked the look of them better than the 18's. I know the larger wheels sacrifice some of the ride comfort. Anyone know of the biggest size of wildpeak tires that'll fit without lifts, levelers, trimming, spacers, any mods in general, and doesn't have any rubbing? I'm not a fan of super wide tires, I kinda like a stock look, but I want little bigger tires for a better ride, and obviously I want better traction in the winter.

Which OEM tires did yours come with the Bridgestone Dueller A/T's or Goodyears? How many miles you have on them?

Looking to upgrade my Duellers on mine, not sure what I'm going with yet. Looking for something better for the snow/ice drives other than going to a winter only tire, if I did I'll buy another set of rims. 

-Grover67

Edited by Grover67

On 11/25/2020 at 5:52 PM, Grover67 said:

Which OEM tires did yours come with the Bridgestone Dueller A/T's or Goodyears? How many miles you have on them?

Looking to upgrade my Duellers on mine, not sure what I'm going with yet. Looking for something better for the snow/ice drives other than going to a winter only tire, if I did I'll buy another set of rims. 

-Grover67

Mine came with Goodyear. They have about 16,000 miles on them and maybe have about 1/4 of their life left.

• Like 1

I am getting these put on my truck (2019 Sierra SLE) as we speak, sticking with stock size (265/65/18) coming from a Goodyear Fortitude HT. Heard a lot of great things about the Wildpeak AT3/W so wanted to give them a try, traditionally been a BFG AT/KO guy on all my trucks so im interested in seeing the difference. Will post pics when I get a chance.

• Like 1

On 12/4/2020 at 10:39 AM, kevlark3029 said:

I am getting these put on my truck (2019 Sierra SLE) as we speak, sticking with stock size (265/65/18) coming from a Goodyear Fortitude HT. Heard a lot of great things about the Wildpeak AT3/W so wanted to give them a try, traditionally been a BFG AT/KO guy on all my trucks so im interested in seeing the difference. Will post pics when I get a chance.

20201204_160239.jpg

• Like 2

I just installed some general grabber atx on my silveraldo.  I stayed with the stock size 275 60 20s. Im planning on leaving them on all year and rotating ever 5 or 6000 km. I had them on my old sierra and my old ram and they were great all around tires.

On 12/8/2020 at 4:32 PM, NewfieZ71 said:

I just installed some general grabber atx on my silveraldo.  I stayed with the stock size 275 60 20s. Im planning on leaving them on all year and rotating ever 5 or 6000 km. I had them on my old sierra and my old ram and they were great all around tires.

How do you like the  Grabbers compared to the P rated tires it came with?  Have any pics with them on? 

Edited by cansled

I only got about 60 km on them so far. They pick up rocks really easy, they ride a little stiffer but not alot of differences. The road noise is a slight hum but not overly bad. We have no snow here yet but, I had the same tires on my old ram and they preformed great in the snow and slush. I'll take some pics of them when I get home. I originally wanted the firestone xts but I couldn't get them until January. 

Could you please elaborate on these tires as I am thinking of going the same route.   Mainly concerned about the ride of the D rated vs the P rated OEM tires. weight and fuel mileage.  I really love the way the truck is now....except I tow a camper during the summer months and am unsure about the OEM tires!

8 hours ago, cansled said:

Could you please elaborate on these tires as I am thinking of going the same route.   Mainly concerned about the ride of the D rated vs the P rated OEM tires. weight and fuel mileage.  I really love the way the truck is now....except I tow a camper during the summer months and am unsure about the OEM tires!

I had the general grabber ATX on my previous truck (2016 ram rebel).  drove good.  handled good.  Noise was fine on the highway.  way better traction than the toyo tires that came on the truck.

The place I bought them from had trouble getting them balanced (took a couple tries).

They were heavier than the stock toyo tires.  didn't notice any power loss but MPG took a slight hit.