In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Yellow road paint

During a drive the other day and I had to avoid a situation on the side of the road and crossed over the yellow lines to avoid a situation on the side of the road and when I got home I noticed I had yellow paint on the sides and wheel wells of my truck. I was able to remove the yellow paint from the painted areas of my trucks but have no luck in removing it from the carpeted wheel wells. Does anyone have any tips or suggestion to remove the paint.

The road was NOT marked that the lines were justed painted.

I was forced to cross the yellow lines to avoid the traffic situation on the side of the road. 

Edited by USCGRetiredJosh
autocorrect is an idiot

It'll wear of the carpeted mats over time.  They are getting blasted all the time. Luckily you got it off the painted surfaces.  We always recommend hot water pressure wash as soon as possible.  It's cold enough in PA right now, they probably used regular dry paint.  It's still water based paint, so soap and water should clean it off.  Most likely the porousness of the carpet is holding the paint.  You could try like a Motsenbocker's Lift Off Paint remover.  I would definitely be very careful and test it in a small area.  

Same thing happen to me last summer. And I got it off the paint but those carpeted wheel wells. I took a can of flat black paint and painted over the yellow. It's been like that for 6 months and still looks good.